Anyone care to examine my Flight log from my crash?

It looks like your Phantom thought your battery was critically low, it attempted to auto land, the battery shut off (or disconnected somehow), and your Phantom dropped like a rock from 704 feet. Perhaps the battery was not pushed in the whole way or the battery contacts were dirty thus preventing it from making proper contact with your Phantom.

My thoughts as follows
You took off with a charged battery at 66%.
Those batteries had self discharged previously - but due to a bug in battery firmware it saw enough capacity left to fly.
You took off - full throttle up - full pitch and voltage sagged below 3.2 volt per cell! Amp draw therefore increased to up to 30Amps to keep up with that steep climb! - but there's a limit to what the battery can handle - and it shut down in flight as fully depleted - and probably useless now.

Last edited:
Luap, what did you use to make that video above?

My thoughts as follows
Those batteries had self discharged previously - but due to a bug in battery firmware it saw enough capacity left to fly.
You took off - full throttle up - full pitch and voltage sagged below 3.2 volt per cell! Amp draw therefore increased to up to 30Amps to keep up with that steep climb! - but there's a limit to what the battery can handle - and it shut down in flight as fully depleted - and probably useless now.
Yes Luap... Very interested in what you used to look at the flight log????

It's Dashware. Some of the gauges can be found here.

My thoughts as follows
Thank you very much. This has been the best explanation so far that anyone could give me.
When you say "and probably useless now" , do you mean the battery is toast now ?
Also, where do I find the .dat file someone mentioned earlier? What extra data is in there?

When you say "and probably useless now" , do you mean the battery is toast now ?
The battery should be fine -- unless it was damaged in the crash.

Also, where do I find the .dat file someone mentioned earlier? What extra data is in there?
Go to flylog.info and press the "Retrieve .DAT file" button at the top. After that you can upload the .DAT to the site that will convert some of the data to a .csv file. If you wait a few days I'll be installing a new improved version of the conversion program. You can also get an offline version of the converter so that you don't have to upload the .DAT file which can be quite large.

Thank you very much. This has been the best explanation so far that anyone could give me.
Battery is toast if the txt you sent is correct - but Dashware shows amps at negative 20 which is impossible. If you send the Dat file (check Dat file date matches date you crashed) as per Budwalker's post, then I can cross check. There are a few additional fields in there :)
But question remains, when you flew your battery at 66% had it auto discharged to that level?
Or was this a second flight on same day?

Battery is toast if the txt you sent is correct - but Dashware shows amps at negative 20 which is impossible. If you send the Dat file (check Dat file date matches date you crashed) as per Budwalker's post, then I can cross check. There are a few additional fields in there :)
But question remains, when you flew your battery at 66% had it auto discharged to that level?
Or was this a second flight on same day?
I charged all my batteries the night before. I went on a short flight at about 10 am , had lunch and relocated to this site around 2 pm.
Now, I had switched all my batteries to 2 day discharge due to the fact that I was travelling by airplane quite a bit and before my transatlantic flight I didn't have the time to deplete the batteries in order to safely transport them. I left the settings that way because I didn't know if and when I can fly the quad to either shoot footage or again deplete the batteries before my return.
In short: Batteries were set to start discharge after 2 days. Charged batteries Thursday evening. Flew short mission Friday 10am then flew with same battery around 2pm when it crashed

A bit off topic..........Can anyone explain why the minimum discharge days i can set is 5? I see people saying they can do 2 days like above. Mine has 5-10

I charged all my batteries the night before. I went on a short flight at about 10 am , had lunch and relocated to this site around 2 pm.
Now, I had switched all my batteries to 2 day discharge due to the fact that I was travelling by airplane quite a bit and before my transatlantic flight I didn't have the time to deplete the batteries in order to safely transport them. I left the settings that way because I didn't know if and when I can fly the quad to either shoot footage or again deplete the batteries before my return.
In short: Batteries were set to start discharge after 2 days. Charged batteries Thursday evening. Flew short mission Friday 10am then flew with same battery around 2pm when it crashed
What temperature was it outside and were the Lipos warm when you started?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20