Anyone buy these? How to connect?

Reaction score
Has anyone installed any of these?

LED-Strip_zps1e8907bf.jpg

If so how did you end up connecting them. They look they have only a two-wire interface so they are probably easily wired into the power wiring, but since they have some sort of connector, I wonder if there is a mating connector already on the bird?

I think one of the NAZA output pins has 5.5 volts. F2 I think? Anyone confirm that?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I've been thinking about installing some red, green and white LED strips like this to help orient the bird when in flight. I believe they are standard 12v so you could find a 12v connection somewhere on the main board or just simply solder to the battery input connection on the main board, with an inline switch to allow them to be turned on/off. I also wonder whether any of the standard DJI connector leads in the DJI wiring pack may have a suitable connector which could be used. I may order some up and fit after my holidays in a couple of weeks.

I would like to get something similar or maybe a bright strobe to attach somewhere on my phantom. I too have difficulty seeing the orientation of my bird in higher altitudes. The coloured strips are nearly useless even at a modest 70 feet and the factory LED's are not really any better at height and strong sun. These concerns are really preventing me from doing more FPV flights and going higher or further at this point. Then again, I'm still an amateur at this.

But.... If you switch to NAZA mode and use course or home lock - no need to really worry about bird orientation!!!

FWIW.

bergenfelter said:
But.... If you switch to NAZA mode and use course or home lock - no need to really worry about bird orientation!!!

FWIW.

Yes I know I will have better fail safe options, but, I'm still learning basic maneuvers and seeing how the bird responds. I think it's because I'm so focused on watching my PV2+ with my own eyes, controlling her myself that I'm a bit reluctant to give up that control. It will be difficult for me to have the bird well out of visual range, not knowing its position relative to me etc. I'm nervous about giving total control over to the electronics and robotics. Still and again, I will most likely be switching to NAZA mode before my next flight.

I have them wired to my distribution board , tight were the main power supply goes to the battery on my 450. When I plug my battery in they turn on.
They're very bright , but a pita to keep attached. The glue is like a sticky glue and it keeps coming loose. I think the stock lights are fine.

Sasquatch said:
I would like to get something similar or maybe a bright strobe to attach somewhere on my phantom. I too have difficulty seeing the orientation of my bird in higher altitudes. The coloured strips are nearly useless even at a modest 70 feet and the factory LED's are not really any better at height and strong sun. These concerns are really preventing me from doing more FPV flights and going higher or further at this point. Then again, I'm still an amateur at this.
Isn't the whole idea of FPV is flying through the camera ?

To OP: You can wire them directly to your NAZA via extra motor ports on NAZA IE #5, #6. Pin config = top = ground, middle = power, bottom = signal.

thread was 9 months old.... Couldn't sleep last night?

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik