Anyone brought a quad to Costa Rica?

Yes I often do. I have a coffee farm in the Cartago area and take my P4 down without incident. The country is considering drone legislation now but I think it only relates to flight regulations, not access to the country.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes I often do. I have a coffee farm in the Cartago area and take my P4 down without incident. The country is considering drone legislation now but I think it only relates to flight regulations, not access to the country.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Excellent news! Thank you. What is the name of your farm? Maybe we'll stop in. We'll be at Kike's Place in Playa Grande.

Excellent news! Thank you. What is the name of your farm? Maybe we'll stop in. We'll be at Kike's Place in Playa Grande.

We are in the Orosi Valley about an hour and a half SE of the airport in San Jose - midway between the 2 oceans at 1300 meters. Not near the beaches where you will be. We're in the States now. Have fun with your drone!

No worries. I've flown in and out since 2014 with everything from a Phantom 1 to an Inspire. Actually keep a Solo there now. Never even a second glance at either San Jose or Liberia airports. If you're going to Playa Grande I assume you're coming into Liberia? We have a place a couple of beaches north at The Palms in Playa Flamingo.

Oh a word of warning: Grande is very close to Tamarindo airport and right on the approach path. You are definitely in the NFZ. Not a LOT of traffic but at least 8 flights a day. You can look at the Sansa and Nature Air schedules to determine flight times.
IMG_0002.jpg

I will be at my place in Flamingo (no flight restrictions there) from the 15th to the 24th of September. Contact me directly if you coincide with those dates and want to come up and fly.

Last edited:
I live in Playa Hermosa, about 50K north of Grande. Good post RE: Tamarindo airport. In addition to checking flight information, perhaps you should visit the airport if time allows. I know they have lots of flights coming in and out that aren't listed on a schedule.

If you want some suggestions on other locations in the area that are great to film, send me a message. There are a few kinda unknown events going on that I will be shooting, maybe during your visit.

Michael,

Let me know your experience bringing, flying and leaving Costa Rica with the Phantom. We are working on trying to book a week's vacation there.

I live in Playa Hermosa, about 50K north of Grande. Good post RE: Tamarindo airport. In addition to checking flight information, perhaps you should visit the airport if time allows. I know they have lots of flights coming in and out that aren't listed on a schedule.

If you want some suggestions on other locations in the area that are great to film, send me a message. There are a few kinda unknown events going on that I will be shooting, maybe during your visit.
Thank you sparrow! I will shoot you an email for sure. I appreciate the help!

No worries. I've flown in and out since 2014 with everything from a Phantom 1 to an Inspire. Actually keep a Solo there now. Never even a second glance at either San Jose or Liberia airports. If you're going to Playa Grande I assume you're coming into Liberia? We have a place a couple of beaches north at The Palms in Playa Flamingo.

Oh a word of warning: Grande is very close to Tamarindo airport and right on the approach path. You are definitely in the NFZ. Not a LOT of traffic but at least 8 flights a day. You can look at the Sansa and Nature Air schedules to determine flight times.
View attachment 62192

I will be at my place in Flamingo (no flight restrictions there) from the 15th to the 24th of September. Contact me directly if you coincide with those dates and want to come up and fly.
Thanks for the info, Cheers. I be there in late October, flying into LIR. I will ask around at the airport when I get there about flight restrictions. I appreciate the information and perhaps we'll meet up someday in paradise!

Thanks for the info, Cheers. I be there in late October, flying into LIR. I will ask around at the airport when I get there about flight restrictions. I appreciate the information and perhaps we'll meet up someday in paradise!

Michael,

Please keep me posted on your trip to Costa Rica. We are going to fly into LIR as well early February and vertigo (P3P, Lol) is coming with us for aerial pics and videos. Need to know if I can legally fly her without problems.
Oh one more thing, please share with us your footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik