Anyone bought a MCM case?

Reaction score
I would like to have a hard case for wet environments or other places. I have a very nice back pack, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money

I have done pluck n pick foam cases for my other multirotors. I see MCM advertises cases on the forum. Who has one? Which one? Can you post some pics?

I would like to have a hard case for wet environments or other places. I have a very nice back pack, so I don't want to spend a bunch of money

I have done pluck n pick foam cases for my other multirotors. I see MCM advertises cases on the forum. Who has one? Which one? Can you post some pics?
I have a couple of MCM cases with the pluck and pick foam. They work great - aren't as aesthetically pleasing as the laser cut foam cases, but do the job nicely. I store a Blade 350 in one and my P2 in another. I'm at work and don't have access to photos. For the money, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

Reactions: FunN4lo
I have a couple of MCM cases with the pluck and pick foam. They work great - aren't as aesthetically pleasing as the laser cut foam cases, but do the job nicely. I store a Blade 350 in one and my P2 in another. I'm at work and don't have access to photos. For the money, you can't go wrong in my opinion.

Pluck n pick works great on my other MR. I read someone sprayed the foam with plasti-dip. It looked more finished. I want the smallest size that will fit the P3. If you remember to, some pics later, that would be great.

Pluck n pick works great on my other MR. I read someone sprayed the foam with plasti-dip. It looked more finished. I want the smallest size that will fit the P3. If you remember to, some pics later, that would be great.

Hi,
Here is my set-up with MCM 22-24120 Case.
As you see there is enough room for;
  • Phantom 3
  • 3 Bateries (One with the Phantom)
  • Controller
  • DJI Inspire Shoulder Strap,
  • Battery Charger and A small screw driver ,
  • Ipad Mini 2,
  • 2 Sets (8ea) props,
  • Sun Shade for Ipad,
  • Copper Antenna Booster (Not yet delivered, I'll place them between controller and Bird once I receive)
And that is true I used Plastidip for the pick n pluck foam at the top. I believe it is a "must" to use foam for long time.
I think it is more than enough! What do you think?

20150906_150631.jpg
20150904_194049.jpg

Hi,
Here is my set-up with MCM 22-24120 Case.
As you see there is enough room for;
  • Phantom 3
  • 3 Bateries (One with the Phantom)
  • Controller
  • DJI Inspire Shoulder Strap,
  • Battery Charger and A small screw driver ,
  • Ipad Mini 2,
  • 2 Sets (8ea) props,
  • Sun Shade for Ipad,
  • Copper Antenna Booster (Not yet delivered, I'll place them between controller and Bird once I receive)
And that is true I used Plastidip for the pick n pluck foam at the top. I believe it is a "must" to use foam for long time.
I think it is more than enough! What do you think?

View attachment 29766 View attachment 29765

Thanks! That's the $47 dollar case. Can't beat that with a stick. Looks like you have room for more stuff in there too. Did you paint that foam, if so with what?

That is Plastidip Spray. Which makes a rubberish layer over foam. It is soft but keeps foam cubes together.

Just received my MCM 22-24120 Tactical Case! It took 2 1/2 hrs of customizing and my P3a fits like a glove with Props on! It's definitely a tight fit but took extra time making sure everything was positioned good. Not bad for $50 shipped to the house! I'm on a budget and I will eventually step up and buy one the $250 cases.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442624780.978076.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442624815.139224.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442624831.199881.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442624848.645964.jpg

Last edited:
I just got my MCM 22-24120 case today. They have gone up a little in price but not too bad. I spent about 2 hours tonight getting things to fit. I almost went with the 22-24160 which is about the same size just deeper which would make it easier to keep the props on and keep the lid foam.

With the smaller 24120 I can keep the props on but I have to remove the lid foam to close it and not be bending the props. This means the landing gear is against the floor of the case and the top of the prop hubs are touching the lid. There's probably no problem with that but I prefer to keep the lid foam in. I decided to remove the props when in the case. For less than $68 shipped and about 2 hours of custom work, I am very happy with this. I read some reviews on Amazon saying this case was too small for the P3P/A but my P3P fits just fine with lots of other stuff in there too.

I have too much glare on my tablet while trying to fly so I mostly use my phone for the DJI Go app. I decided instead of putting in a spot for the tablet to make a spot for my Harbor Freight Infrared thermometer (used for checking motor temps after flights). I have everything I use in that one hard case.

Someone, somewhere, mentioned to use a bread cutting knife when cutting the foam and I can affirm that worked really well. I still plan to glue the 3 layers all together which should help hold it all together. I used the pick n pluck for the top layer then used that as a template for the other 2 layers using the bread knife to cut through 1 or 2 layers below. One some parts I recut some of the pieces on the bottom layer to make it thinner and put it back in if it was too deep with all the 3rd layer removed.

IMG_20170110_184539762.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan