Anybody used DJI's carbon fiber props yet?

From what the DJI sales chat person was saying they don't improve flight time speed or stability they are just more durable than the stock plastic props.

Will probably end up buying them anyways because carbon fibre. :p

Should have mine in a few days.

Ordered some too. Hopefully arrive by end of week. Painting my phantom with a storm trooper theme so I needed the black with white tips!

Technically a stiffer more rigid blade should give you better flight responses and control where the plastic blades flex a little especially when fighting some heavy winds.

For anyone thinking these are badass hard black props with carbon fibre weave pattern, No .. these are black plastic reinforced with carbon fibres moulded in.
And the white tips are on the top side only so you will only see them on the ground or if you fly over a cliff and drop down.
They aren't going to do much for your flight characteristics but cost lots more.

Funniest thing I have heard all week!

Also, they are carbon fiber reinforced. I don't think they have the look that you normally see on carbon fiber.

Got the email that they shipped on Friday and tracking says delivered on Thursday. Also I just wanted the black look. Don't really care about the carbon fiber properties.

Got the email that they shipped on Friday and tracking says delivered on Thursday. Also I just wanted the black look. Don't really care about the carbon fiber properties.

Well that's good news! I thought they were going to do the same thing they did with the batteries.

As for the carbon fiber comment, I was saying in case others had the wrong impression. Didn't want to post another comment just to say that.

But I am curious now. If DJI has free shipping on orders that are more than $150, does that mean that they will wait for all items in order to be available before shipping it? I am so used to Amazon and getting things in different boxes to speed up delivery, that I am not sure if other companies do the same thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl