Anybody know why?

Reaction score
Anybody know why the IMU on a Phantom would consistently take roughly 2 minutes to warm up when the OAT is around 60 degrees or higher? It takes that long or longer before the blinking greens and reds.

First start is always a bit slow but if you use multiple batteries then all other flights will need hardly any warmup. The reason for the long first startup I dont know but assume its doing some calibrations prior to the flight.

Yes as JSG says if you changeover batteries fairly quick there will be pretty much no warmup time needed for succesive flights. If you take too long between flights then it will need to go through the full procedure again.

I dont do the changeover as quick as a f1 pitstop :mrgreen: but probably within 5 minutes or so there should be no need to warmup again. Seeing as if you already have the IMU warmed up and want to calibrate it does say to turn it off for 5 minutes before calibrating it would be safe to assume that it will cool down after 5 minutes.

Thanks all for the advice. Next time I'm out at the airpatch I'll do a couple of quick back-to-backs. Usually we stand around and jawbone awhile between flights, or watch another pilot do his "tricks". Stands to reason this is probably why I stand there like a dork while hearing comments like, "Well, are you gonna fly it or just stand there screwing up your courage!"

PS, I'm the only Phantom pilot in a bunch of RC airplane pilots with a scattering of other quads. Also, being the only female, I get razzed a lot, LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31