Anybody from London who can help me to find my drone with your drone?

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there anybody from London who can help me to find my lost drone?
I lost it in park, it went 3 km away from me, went out of control and last seen at the farming area.
Maybe with your drone we can search it from the air around the 3 km area.
Thank you.

Not being funny but London is a huge area give us more of a clue what part of London and you might get a bit more help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: SenginUK
Hi,
Is there anybody from London who can help me to find my lost drone?
I lost it in park, it went 3 km away from me, went out of control and last seen at the farming area.
Maybe with your drone we can search it from the air around the 3 km area.
Thank you.
Do you have any idea where it may've gone down from the flight record? 3km is a massive area. And yes, where are you in London?

Not being funny but London is a huge area give us more of a clue what part of London and you might get a bit more help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
sorry, I thought I wrote it.
Trent Park, Cockfosters Rd, Enfield, Barnet EN4 0PS was the take off location. It went out to M25 direction.
I have the latest logs, coordinates but could not find it by feet.

Do you have any idea where it may've gone down from the flight record? 3km is a massive area. And yes, where are you in London?
Trent Park, Cockfosters Rd, Enfield, Barnet EN4 0PS was the take off location. It went out to M25 direction.
Take off point was Trent Park and last log also in trent park but last seen is 3 km far away from trent park to m25 edge.

Take off point was Trent Park and last log also in trent park but last seen is 3 km far away from trent park to m25 edge.
Sorry for the loss of your AC. Can you post a screenshot of your flight from the GO App? Also your flight log from the GO App would be good too...

Last edited:
Did you calibrate your compass before the flight? When did you last calibrate the IMU?
So you lost the downlink at 40.2 seconds - the AC seems to have only been 82 feet from you then? Why didn't you initiate RTH then?
Anyway, what happened to it between 40.2s and 10m.57s when the downlink was restored? Was it flying OK? Why didn't you hit RTH at that point - just panic?
Was it flying OK from 10.57 to 15.51 when there was a speed error and it switches from GPS to ATTI mode and back again until 15m.18s when "Going Home" initiates or you initiated? Or did you have no idea where it was?
At 16.54 you get a cluster of "Compass Error" warnings until at 16.57 you lose the downlink again until 7.7 s later and it seems you've gone underground, flying at -104ft!
Then at 17m 15s, Going Home ends and GPS comes back. Did you cancel Going Home?
At 17m 19s it comes back on and you're above ground again. I don't know this part of North London well, so are there rolling hills and valleys there south of the M25? I ask as I know there are hills and valleys further west and there is a huge ramp on the Potters Bar junction. During all of this mayhem, there are speed errors (upto 100+mph!) and other warnings going on.

So SenginUK, in general trying to work out where the AC is would be an utter nightmare and I wouldn't know where to begin but, hopefully, someone with more experience will be able to fathom what's gone on here.

Did you calibrate your compass before the flight? When did you last calibrate the IMU?
So you lost the downlink at 40.2 seconds - the AC seems to have only been 82 feet from you then? Why didn't you initiate RTH then?
Anyway, what happened to it between 40.2s and 10m.57s when the downlink was restored? Was it flying OK? Why didn't you hit RTH at that point - just panic?
Was it flying OK from 10.57 to 15.51 when there was a speed error and it switches from GPS to ATTI mode and back again until 15m.18s when "Going Home" initiates or you initiated? Or did you have no idea where it was?
At 16.54 you get a cluster of "Compass Error" warnings until at 16.57 you lose the downlink again until 7.7 s later and it seems you've gone underground, flying at -104ft!
Then at 17m 15s, Going Home ends and GPS comes back. Did you cancel Going Home?
At 17m 19s it comes back on and you're above ground again. I don't know this part of North London well, so are there rolling hills and valleys there south of the M25? I ask as I know there are hills and valleys further west and there is a huge ramp on the Potters Bar junction. During all of this mayhem, there are speed errors (upto 100+mph!) and other warnings going on.

So SenginUK, in general trying to work out where the AC is would be an utter nightmare and I wouldn't know where to begin but, hopefully, someone with more experience will be able to fathom what's gone on here.
I am calibrating my AC before each and every flight. This is a habit from my previous experiences.
I did not make is RTH as it recovered shortly. I was livestreaming on periscope and signal was not good, notmally 100-150 people would be online with me but it was only 6-8 people there and understood that something is going wrong and brought it back at 35% battery, there were some people around at that time, thats why wanted to change its route and lost the control suddenly.
I canceled the RTH to bring it back manually but I was not able to control the sticks.
It was going to M25 direction with the highest speed and I was seeing from my monitor, last seconds I saw the wheat field and then video transmission lost.
I went to that farming area which is a huge field and wheat are almost 50-60 cm tall, it is impossible to find by feet.
I will visit the owner of the farm that if they see it to let me know.
BUT last video point was there and it was having 12% battery that time. Maybe it drifted to another direction which I have no idea!
The area is not having that much valleys, hills but there are some differences between the altitutes within the park.
DJI technical team are checking my case now.

Reactions: Numone
Consider these factors:
1. How high was the craft the last time you saw the video? Was it 380' due the RTH? If that's the case, it likely didn't hit anything before auto-landing initiated from a 10% battery level.
2. What direction was it travelling at 12%? It will likely continue traveling that same direction, it won't change directions since you had no control of it.
3. At 12% battery, you have about 1min left before it should auto land. It stops horizontal movement when auto land starts. It's likely unharmed in the field or a tree maybe.
4. Since you lost GPS signal, your logs will not show where it landed, it's likely way off, since it travel a distance without GPS signal. However, if the logs stopped recording GPS before it started flying away in one direction, you're screwed. This becomes even more difficult to estimate.

Trying calculating a search area using the log's last position and direction/speed. Note the battery level, and do your best to estimate the speed and direction it was going (based on logs last entry),. Continue to follow the path it was going from where last logged, in the same direction, for the length of time you expect it to travel before it reaches 10%, triggering auto land. Do this with Google maps, which lets you measure distance (as a crow flies) by right clicking any spot on the map.

IE. If the last log shows the craft was at X position at 18% headed due north, you would have about 2min left before reaching 10% (I think), in a typical flight mode (this is debatable, I know). So if it was doing 30mph (I think you mentioned top speed) during the last log entry, that's .5mi/min. With 2 minutes of flight left, that calculates to roughly 1mi from the last log. Look for the craft 1 mile due north of the last log of position X. Continue looking in the same path direction it was going. Searching with a drone would be helpful, since the craft is white, easy to see from the air, typically.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: SenginUK and Numone
I am calibrating my AC before each and every flight. This is a habit from my previous experiences.
I did not make is RTH as it recovered shortly. I was livestreaming on periscope and signal was not good, notmally 100-150 people would be online with me but it was only 6-8 people there and understood that something is going wrong and brought it back at 35% battery, there were some people around at that time, thats why wanted to change its route and lost the control suddenly.
I canceled the RTH to bring it back manually but I was not able to control the sticks.
It was going to M25 direction with the highest speed and I was seeing from my monitor, last seconds I saw the wheat field and then video transmission lost.
I went to that farming area which is a huge field and wheat are almost 50-60 cm tall, it is impossible to find by feet.
I will visit the owner of the farm that if they see it to let me know.
BUT last video point was there and it was having 12% battery that time. Maybe it drifted to another direction which I have no idea!
The area is not having that much valleys, hills but there are some differences between the altitutes within the park.
DJI technical team are checking my case now.
I don't understand. You lost control, it went to RTH and you then cancelled that to "bring it back manually"? I doubt you had VLOS so why would you do that?
Yes I can see there are lots of fields around there, and crops are getting really tall, so that would be a nightmare. However, clicking on the messages on the map, what's odd is that it seems like it was travelling in the opposite direction to the fields/M25 and traveling towards you when it finally disappeared, or have I got that completely wrong?

I don't understand. You lost control, it went to RTH and you then cancelled that to "bring it back manually"? I doubt you had VLOS so why would you do that?
Yes I can see there are lots of fields around there, and crops are getting really tall, so that would be a nightmare. However, clicking on the messages on the map, what's odd is that it seems like it was travelling in the opposite direction to the fields/M25 and traveling towards you when it finally disappeared, or have I got that completely wrong?
It was 60 meters far from me in the middle of the park at the latest control point, once GPS Signal Lost, it started to travel to M25/fields. Last seen screen, was at the edge of M25 and started to travel towards me (after that in 3 seconds video transmission lost, it was over the fields).
I suppouse, if the battery died at that point, it should be somewhere in the wheatfield.

It was 60 meters far from me in the middle of the park at the latest control point, once GPS Signal Lost, it started to travel to M25/fields. Last seen screen, was at the edge of M25 and started to travel towards me (after that in 3 seconds video transmission lost, it was over the fields).
I suppouse, if the battery died at that point, it should be somewhere in the wheatfield.
But the mapping doesn't show it anywhere near the M25 nor the fields at the end of the flight?

Consider these factors:
1. How high was the craft the last time you saw the video? Was it 380' due the RTH? If that's the case, it likely didn't hit anything before auto-landing initiated from a 10% battery level.
2. What direction was it travelling at 12%? It will likely continue traveling that same direction, it won't change directions since you had no control of it.
3. At 12% battery, you have about 1min left before it should auto land. It stops horizontal movement when auto land starts. It's likely unharmed in the field or a tree maybe.
4. Since you lost GPS signal, your logs will not show where it landed, it's likely way off, since it travel a distance without GPS signal. However, if the logs stopped recording GPS before it started flying away in one direction, you're screwed. This becomes even more difficult to estimate.

Trying calculating a search area using the log's last position and direction/speed. Note the battery level, and do your best to estimate the speed and direction it was going (based on logs last entry),. Continue to follow the path it was going from where last logged, in the same direction, for the length of time you expect it to travel before it reaches 10%, triggering auto land. Do this with Google maps, which lets you measure distance (as a crow flies) by right clicking any spot on the map.

IE. If the last log shows the craft was at X position at 18% headed due north, you would have about 2min left before reaching 10% (I think), in a typical flight mode (this is debatable, I know). So if it was doing 30mph (I think you mentioned top speed) during the last log entry, that's .5mi/min. With 2 minutes of flight left, that calculates to roughly 1mi from the last log. Look for the craft 1 mile due north of the last log of position X. Continue looking in the same path direction it was going. Searching with a drone would be helpful, since the craft is white, easy to see from the air, typically.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your helpful ideas which I calculated already, I also calculated the wind speed.
But my question is, when i was receiving the video transmission at 12% (3km far from me), connection cut suddenly.
It means the battery died at that point? or video lost but it continued travelling. this is the point which need to be solved.
Do you know how can I find a drone owner close to me? any website for that? I need somebody's help.

But the mapping doesn't show it anywhere near the M25 nor the fields at the end of the flight?
please see the video, after second:35 it is showing on the app that drone is struggling close to me but if you see the flight disctance above, up to this point it traveled 1800 meters but if you see on the screen that flight distance is increasing as the drone itself is continuing travelling up to 6277 meters means that after losing control it travelled 4400 meters.
at the time it went to fields area.

Thank you for your helpful ideas which I calculated already, I also calculated the wind speed.
But my question is, when i was receiving the video transmission at 12% (3km far from me), connection cut suddenly.
It means the battery died at that point? or video lost but it continued travelling. this is the point which need to be solved.
Do you know how can I find a drone owner close to me? any website for that? I need somebody's help.
Your flight record shows it was travelling towards you, not away. Look at your GO App flight record. It travels out towards the M25 and then back again holding GPS all the way back and then it goes crazy at the end of the flight when it looses all control it seems, including GPS.

it is showing it was travelling to me but it is up to GPS signal problem, after the GPS signal problem AC shows it is towards to me but actually it is travelling to the opposite direction with high speed.
i tried to draw its possible direction on the map after the GPS signal lost.
possibility1.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj