Anybody fly P3 with Carbon Fiber Props yet?

I'm gonna try again with stock props. Read it could be camera settings somewhere. What should my shutter be? I know it depends on what your filming. I've been using 3840, and gonna try 4096 next. What shutter speed is everybody using? Mostly filming objects standing still, fastest objects in video are cars going 25-30.

The P3 has active braking. The P2 has none.
The term "Active braking" specifies the braking for rotation of motor, I confirmed: http://www.dji.com/product/e310 , sorry (but why DJI erases the description of active braking from this page!?). However, later lots of P2 had active braking, with E310 ESC/motors, 9450 props. My P2 is that version, and no problem to use both plastic/carbon fin, plastic/metal screw, DJI stock/third party.
But our local RC shop don't suggest use 9450L for P2 (E310) props for P3, because strength of the plastic differs (???). To summarize their words, there are 3 versions of stock 9450 props - "9450" metal screw for P2 (E310), "9450L" plastic screw for P2 (E310), "9450 for P3" with plastic screw. The third one is only suggested for P3, but that's not because of active braking (plastic screw).
If one would like to use carbon third party props, the metal screw is not problem, I think - but as others say, balance, vibration and quickness of operations maybe. ;)

Reactions: emoney609
I flew again with stock props, didn't get to check the video out yet, but I have a new problem now, I kept switching between 3840 30fps and 4096, and on both settings my video feed to iPad kept dropping feed and looking like really low quality. Only thing I did different was connect to wifi, to cache map. Was in different area, accidently turned on with gimbal lock(don't think that's it), but I hope it was because I was connected to wifi. Help this is bad! I'm gonna go to Atlantic City, NJ to watch the new Jurassic Park movie. So can't figure this out till later. It was bad like picture not showing up with it 25ft away bad!

Last edited:
Switching camera settings is not the best way to fix jello. Jello is caused by vibration. Fix the vibration.

The term "Active braking" specifies the braking for rotation of motor, I confirmed: http://www.dji.com/product/e310 , sorry (but why DJI erases the description of active braking from this page!?). However, later lots of P2 had active braking, with E310 ESC/motors, 9450 props. My P2 is that version, and no problem to use both plastic/carbon fin, plastic/metal screw, DJI stock/third party.
But our local RC shop don't suggest use 9450L for P2 (E310) props for P3, because strength of the plastic differs (???). To summarize their words, there are 3 versions of stock 9450 props - "9450" metal screw for P2 (E310), "9450L" plastic screw for P2 (E310), "9450 for P3" with plastic screw. The third one is only suggested for P3, but that's not because of active braking (plastic screw).
If one would like to use carbon third party props, the metal screw is not problem, I think - but as others say, balance, vibration and quickness of operations maybe. ;)
I think you're right
Switching camera settings is not the best way to fix jello. Jello is caused by vibration. Fix the vibration.
You're right camera had nothing to do with it, I viewed the videos and so far haven't seen any jello this time, filmed on highest video setting with 25fps. Was using stock props, so maybe it was just the wind messing the videos up the other day. Still gotta get home and see if that horrible problem with the video feed not working right. Also I'm not even getting close to 1.2 miles. 1/2 mile I'm getting at best, but don't think I'm even going that far, honestly feels just like the phantom 2 vision+ on distance right now, not very happy with that.

Nvm distance working good, and video feed. Got to check old video plus new one I just made for jello.

I have the Scorpion Drones full Carbon Fiber custom... flies amazing so far:

P3_Setup.jpg

I have the Scorpion Drones full Carbon Fiber custom... flies amazing so far:

P3_Setup.jpg
Did you get lucky like me and buy it before he raised the price? Which was $1600 with the case. Actually just looked at his website and they don't even have the pro kit anymore. But the advance kit is $1559! If you didn't know. I paid $1,399 and now costs $1,599! I love it too! So far only used the carbon fiber props once though, gonna try them again after a few more flights and really test them out to finally figure out if makes a difference or not with performance. So far doesn't look like they are gonna fly off.

Update: I thought it was wind or unbalanced props causing jello, but turns out it was because I had a zip tie just a lil too tight on gimble. Put 2 new ones on, loose this time, and now all props are working great! No jello, even the cf props, which have not been thrown off yet, even with crazy maneuvers. I hand tighten all props! Don't want to take any chances.

CF is lighter and stronger (rigid) than many other materials, I think we can all agree.

However that does not make it better in all cases.

The props are part of a tuned propulsion system where weight and flexibility are factors.
Changing them would also change the system and may not be for the better.

I ordered a set when I first got my P2 thinking they would eliminate jello...the first set didn't even fit the hubs properly and wouldn't thread on. I threw all 8 props away and decided to never even try threading on a non OEM prop again. The CF was terrible quality and the hubs were marginal.

I heard plastic stings but carbon fiber cuts to the bone. Thanks for the advice.
Was on a boat, hand catching. Wave came just as I caught it and caught a prop to the forehead. I touched it expecting a whole hell of a lot of blood, but nothing.. Stung for a little and nothing after that. Obviously don't try it at home and next time I'll be way more careful, but a CF prop would have really really been bad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What is the advantage of CF props?
Honestly I haven't seen any improvements, they all fly the same to me, so far. The only thing I like about carbon fiber right now, is I feel safer if a bird hits it, might just slice right through and keep it moving. Lol that's not right, but better than my Phantom falling out the sky. I feel like the plastic ones will just hit and stop and fall. I can say I'd be upset if I paid $45 a pair or whatever they costs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31