Anybody fly P3 with Carbon Fiber Props yet?

Scorpiondrones said they tested them and working perfect, no problems. I'll try them out after a few flights with oem props. Can't wait! P3P should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Scorpiondrones said they tested them and working perfect, no problems. I'll try them out after a few flights with oem props. Can't wait! P3P should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Terrible idea. And it will void your warranty.

When it crashes, don't say we didn't warn you.

I bought the P3P from scorpiondrones carbon fiber color. They already took it apart and put it back together. Didn't ask maybe warranty is void with DJI, I don't think so since they are DJI resellers.

Working Perfect!!!!

Attachments

• CF P3P.JPG
    CF P3P.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 382
Reactions: bobmyers
View attachment 20253 Got some nice carbon fiber props from scorpion drones. They are 9.4 x 5.0, so I guess they are the 9450 props. Can't find them for sale separately anywhere. Was wondering if they really do add better performance or not. So far looks like I'll have to see for myself, since most reviews were cheap ebay props.
They clearly have metal props - suitable for the Phantom 2 but NOT the P3.
So, did they add better performance .. or just look badass?
Working Perfect!!!!
So do stock props! But you have a reasonable expectation that stock props will work every time.
There's a reason that DJI made special props with special hubs for the P3.
It's not because P2 props would come loose every flight.
The problems with the Inspire props were that some came loose, sometimes.
Still if it looks badass that's probably all that matters.

Those hubs look metal to me. Won't work with the P3 since it has active braking motors. Those props will unscrew and your P3 will crash.
Doesn't active breaking mean quick stop in the air? That is, equivarent to reverse arelon/elevator operation, and not reverse torque for motor axis rotating... The prop inertia becomes problem when quick ascending followed by quick descending, and that is limited more on P3 than P2, I think.

Doesn't active breaking mean quick stop in the air? That is, equivalent to reverse arelon/elevator operation, and not reverse torque for motor axis rotating... The prop inertia becomes problem when quick ascending followed by quick descending, and that is limited more on P3 than P2, I think.
The P3 has active braking. The P2 has none.

So let's sum this up, you are using carbon props not fit for use and potentially very dangerous for your phantom because they look good? Because there is no other reason.
when do they look good? When showing it off to people on the ground when the blades aren't spinning?
Because you can't see them when they are.
Wow I love some peoples logic...
They must be cool because scorpion drones sold them to me like that and I can't use white ones because they won't match the colour of the body wrap.
Wow......

I seen jello with stock props, went away after switch. Only difference I've seen so far, that was the reason I put them on, think it happened cause of wind, and the cf perform better then stock in wind so far.

Still way to early to call, flown three times with stock props 2x with one of the stock pair, 1x with the other pair of stock props. Why? Because if it did fall out the sky or prop flew off, nobody can say, well if you weren't using cf props with metal hubs, that wouldn't have happened. I have seen jello in all three videos. Last night I decided to try the cf props to see if it takes away the jello effect and it did. But so far that's all I've noticed. Will keep testing to make sure, cause from what I've read, if jello keeps happening, could be a motor problem or prop problem, but props look fine. Next time I will do some aggressive maneuvers to see if I can throw the props, at low altitude though lol

Last edited:
They clearly have metal props - suitable for the Phantom 2 but NOT the P3.
So, did they add better performance .. or just look badass?

So do stock props! But you have a reasonable expectation that stock props will work every time.
There's a reason that DJI made special props with special hubs for the P3.
It's not because P2 props would come loose every flight.
The problems with the Inspire props were that some came loose, sometimes.
Still if it looks badass that's probably all that matters.
Stock props not working perfect! Getting jello galore with them.

nice job!!!-- where did you have this done? will they take a used P3 and do this?
Scorpiondrones sells them, but now they are $1,599, instead of $1,399, what I paid. $1400 is ok, but $1600 is way to much for this! Glad I got it when I did cause I wouldn't have bought it if it costs $340 more than plain white one. Also I don't know if they take used ones and paint them, guess you would have to contact and ask them.

Stock props not working perfect! Getting jello galore with them.
That's odd, I haven't heard many complaints regarding jello effects with the stock props. I like carbon fiber props, but not at the risk of loosing the Phantom. If the CF props are the answer, someone will eventually make them with the proper hubs. They are basically still in the R&D stage. Wish you good results with them. Keep us posted!:)

Reactions: emoney609
So let's sum this up, you are using carbon props not fit for use and potentially very dangerous for your phantom because they look good? Because there is no other reason.
when do they look good? When showing it off to people on the ground when the blades aren't spinning?
Because you can't see them when they are.
Wow I love some peoples logic...
They must be cool because scorpion drones sold them to me like that and I can't use white ones because they won't match the colour of the body wrap.
Wow......
I know I've said in the past, I didn't want to use white props on a black drone. But no, I don't care about that, I dyed one pair black with rit dye, just turned them blue and look way worse, should have just left them white. I seen jello and remember reading post from Adam, saying if you see this land immediately! Scary thing is I can't see it while I'm flying, I seen it reviewing it at home on laptop. Also read guy had jello problem till he switched from stock to carbon fiber, so that gave me the idea to use them. Believe he had a P3 also too. And it's not body wrap, this thing was taken apart and painted.

Doesn't matter if it's painted, dipped or wrapped if a prop comes flying off with the active braking because you are using the wrong props. Have you tried balancing your props or using a filter?

Reactions: jlo
Doesn't matter if it's painted, dipped or wrapped if a prop comes flying off with the active braking because you are using the wrong props. Have you tried balancing your props or using a filter?
I don't have a proper balancer, and wanted to buy filters next.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj