Anybody experienced lens fogging in humidity?

Reaction score
I flew the P2V in extreme humidity yesterday, and noticed today that there was a small fogging or condensation spot on the lens display - which I confirmed was not on the outside of the lens (by using compressed air). Has anybody who dunked their P2V in the water or flown in the tropics experienced this and found a fix?

Cheers

I live in the tropics here. I will leave my camera gear in a non airconditioned part of the house so it won't get condensation when I use it. I also store a few of the moisture absorbers that come in vitamin bottles in the bag with the camera to take excessive humidity away from camera parts.

Precisely, don't expose your gear to high humidity if its been in air-conditioning. If you have to leave it in a bag or case and allow it to "acclimatise". Used to work around the Pilbara and Kimberley and sunnies always fogged up getting out of car.

Yeah, I've had that issue too in the tropics. Went away after 3-5 minutes of flying though.
I think I'd better stock up on silica gel and stash them around the camera. (Thanks for the tip)

Cheers for the silica gel tip - will do that in future.

I didn't take the P2V from air con to outside, or from the case.
It was sitting inside a house that was open to the outside atmosphere
through mossie screen-covered windows and doors. No lens cap on.

If the problem is gone now that I'm back home - happy days.

Will let you know how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers