Anybody ever had success with DJI Customer Service?

Keeping in mind that I live less than 200 miles as the phantom flys from DJI in Los Angles and when I recently ordered a major part from them, they shipped it Fedex ground from Ellenwood Georgia. WTH!

b821895d0da2fd6291cd2a1e028d164f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've unfortunately had to send mine in 4 times for stress cracks and they are always in the exact same place.
Very annoying for sure!
They've always been courteous and fixed my P3A within 5 days and shipped back pretty quickly.

Yes.
Using 52 emails back and forth it took 17 months to get an answer to my question how to change the RTH and failsafe battery percentages on a P2V+ with firmware v3.14. Emails took anywhere from one day to three months to be replied to.
After the China support referred me to the USA support then the USA support referred me back to the China support the answer came back as a definitive NO.
I got my issue solved but not the answer I was hoping for.

Where is the best (and reasonably priced) place to send it for service out of warranty? Online I see a number of places, ie DJI, CloudCity Drones, DroneNerds, everondrones (which lists a $75 service fee), dronefly, stc nyc electronics, drones plus. Thank you.

I sent an email with a detailed explanation of the problem and received an email back about an hour or so later with follow-up questions from them. I provided the proof of purchase and some other information they requested in the return email. Went to eat came back and I had another email with directions on how to retrieve the RMA. Also had some form of a case number... Printed, packed, dropped off at FedEx the following day. They received it on Wednesday... I saw what was being done via updates through the case number. Saw when they shipped it back which was Thursday. It arrived Monday. Was pretty shocked because I was expecting a 30 day process because .... the numerous complaints here. Just wasn't the case with me. They may still be horrible I guess. That just wasn't my experience.
I had the same experience, much faster service than expected.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

THH, whatever you do, stay away from everon drones. you've been warned.
like rocketbrew said go with hunch. I haven't used hunch yet, but he will be on the top of my list.
read a bunch of good stuff about him.

I think the best advice I can offer someone in avoiding DJI is never to purchase directly from them. Certainly there is always the possibility that one will have to deal with them at some point but limiting those occasions by purchasing elsewhere will likely save many a whole bunch of time and/or heartache. Many reports of defective Phantoms occur right out of the box or shortly thereafter. I'd much rather have the ability to walk into a Best Buy or similar and return or exchange rather than having to deal with DJI's ridiculous return policy and/or delays. Both Amazon and B&H offer a minimum of 30 days for returns, therefore, another great option for those purchasing online.

I was blown away with their service! A cracked motor mount, but it's over a year old. Told them this, they still sent an RMA and shipping label. I decided at the last minute to include the controller, it had a broken right-stick. Something inside broke, making the stick get stuck. Send off on Monday, had 'em both back in 9 days! No charge!! They replaced the shell on a year-old P3P and repaired the controller stick........................ all for free!
similar experience for me.

They are pretty terrible. I would really like to take them to small claims court but sometimes you just have to take your lumps and move on. They are pretty terrible in general.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: macoman
THH, whatever you do, stay away from everon drones. you've been warned.
like rocketbrew said go with hunch. I haven't used hunch yet, but he will be on the top of my list.
read a bunch of good stuff about him.

@hunch

well I finally used his services. I won't go into details, but I will not be using or recommending his
services.
thanks,
jesse

@hunch

well I finally used his services. I won't go into details, but I will not be using or recommending his
services.
thanks,
jesse
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I note that this is the 5th separate thread to which you have appended your discontent today.

I have absolutely no connection with the person/company you are reporting back on, but your reported experience, I have to say, goes against many other previous reports here of happy and satisfied customers.

Give the guy a break please - In any service industry it's often hard to please all of the people all of the time - and some customers can have greater expectation than others.

This is most definitely not an invitation to put your reported experience up for further detailed debate.

You weren't happy - just live with it and move on.

Reactions: Oso and Jesse B.
hi steve,
yes your right Steve this is not the only thread I've posted my experience with this company.
i'm actually still trying to make things right with this guy, but he is not taking me serious.
I've been patient with him so far. maybe i'll get his attention after these posts.

thanks for your opinion Steve.
jesse

just to clear up this, what i think is a misunderstanding.
Jesse sent me his bird (P3P) to get it re-shelled which i did and when putting everything together i put a silver (advanced) emblem on the shell instead of gold (Professional).
i do about 10 of these a week so i must have grabbed a silver one from the shelf.
when he got it, he noticed it right away and i sent him a gold emblem for his shell.
he already received it but that was the issue here.
i didn't know was the issue until i PMed him since his name is not Jesse so i didn't recall right away who this was related to.
but hopefully all is good now but it still floored me when i found out that the issue was nothing other then the wrong emblem on the case.
@Jesse B. hopefully you can agree with that and confirm this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl