Anybody ever had success with DJI Customer Service?

Cautiously optimistic about the conversation I had with DJI earlier today. Hopefully all goes well and I can join the throngs of happy customers.

I can add one more positive although not perfect experience with DJI support. Back in early December I contacted them via email regarding a problem related to my gimbal. They took a couple days to reply by asking for proof of purchase and additional details. I replied promptly and waited a couple days then called their support line. After talking to a polite rep he indicated they were reviewing my details and should expect an RMA and shipping tag within 24 hours. Sure enough I got the email with the RMA and shipping label. I shipped the next day, and tracked the shipment which arrived in 2 days. After a couple more days I check the status and they had not yet recorded receipt of the unit. I decided to be patient and wait a couple more days and to my surprise my unit arrived back in my hands after about a week. They had replaced my Advanced camera with a 4K unit. Not the best communication but definitely prompt service and turnaround. Overall I was a happy camper with the quick repair and the upgraded camera.

You know what... They reply my email once per day. Or today I asked tomorrow reply. Tomorrow I replied then next day replied kind of things... It is sicko

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are dealing directly with @dji In China, they are in a different time zone. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Make no mistake, all the reps I spoke to were very polite and considerate. I just don't think they were trained in customer service. What has been taking so long, and builds the frustration, is the shipping times. Being on the east coast, it takes a week to get to DJI, and then a week for the return. This could have been resolved much sooner with expedited shipping.

It's not like @dji are hiding from anyone... They have so many customers, in and of every continent and walk of life.

RedHotPoker

I'd have to say DJi has been great trying to help with my issue. They haven't solved it yet and I've had to send it back 3 times, but they always attempt to fix it and send it back quickly within a day or so of receiving it.
Gimbal is off center and I sent it back twice, the 2nd time it was still off-center so I sent the whole bird back last week and (fingers crossed) they are gonna get it right this time.

Good luck lefty.

[EDIT] - I RETRACT MY STATEMENT ON DJI SUPPORT. I spoke too soon and on further review they have an integrity issue, I don't trust they do what they say. [EDIT]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lefty63
DJI SERVICE LLC
DJI TECHNOLOGY LLC

23610 Banning Blvd.
Carson, CA 90745-6220

Why do you think this is their address?

upload_2016-6-20_22-51-24.png

Here is (what appears to be) their address as listed on CA business search website:

upload_2016-6-20_22-56-27.png

It's not like @dji are hiding from anyone... They have so many customers, in and of every continent and walk of life.

Take a look at their address above from their website. They state that they are located in LA... but no street address. According to the post above that, they are not in LA. So which is it?

I had a heck of a time perfecting service on them. I ended up having to serve their registered agent.

And I meant to say when I've returned my bird I've called the customer service line, spoke to an agent and they emailed me a packing label and an RMA # and everything moved along faster than I expected. Also I told them I had a video and they watched it while on the phone and added it to the report.

I learned from another poster in a different thread, DJI doesn't do their own repairs. They have a repair service do the repairs. This takes the liability from DJI. It also explains why the techs can't authorize a non refurbished replacement.
It's been said that as few as 1-2% of DJI customers have had problems enough to post here. I'd be interested to see the actual percentage of negative issues, vs. the positive outcomes. DJI sells millions of these units and they can't all be this bad or they wouldn't be the industry leader. Keep in mind these Phantoms are the low end of the products they sell.

I've spoken further with DJI, and while the responses have still come quickly, I feel like beyond the initial contact I get the impression I'm talking with untrustworthy lawyers when I spoke in more detail with them.

It turns out they sent me faulty parts under warranty, until the warranty expired, now I'm supposed to trust they'll send good parts because I'm paying.
I'm frustrated and angry, considering just dumping the whole thing and going another way instead of paying off what feels like a scheme. I honestly don't trust that they'll actually fix it, because it's just their word that they did, and I know for a fact they didn't in my case.

I was totally wrong about them, wanted to amend that. Off to research.

I've spoken further with DJI, and while the responses have still come quickly, I feel like beyond the initial contact I get the impression I'm talking with untrustworthy lawyers when I spoke in more detail with them.

It turns out they sent me faulty parts under warranty, until the warranty expired, now I'm supposed to trust they'll send good parts because I'm paying.
I'm frustrated and angry, considering just dumping the whole thing and going another way instead of paying off what feels like a scheme. I honestly don't trust that they'll actually fix it, because it's just their word that they did, and I know for a fact they didn't in my case.

I was totally wrong about them, wanted to amend that. Off to research.
Yeah, I just got a line of BS too. They give you this feel good sense while on the phone, and then just don't follow up. Sent the P3P in anyway. We'll see how it is once it returns. If it's still not quite right, I'm listing it on Craigslist and joining the pumpkin army.

Reactions: flpholt
upload_2016-6-21_16-56-2.png

I was blown away with their service! A cracked motor mount, but it's over a year old. Told them this, they still sent an RMA and shipping label. I decided at the last minute to include the controller, it had a broken right-stick. Something inside broke, making the stick get stuck. Send off on Monday, had 'em both back in 9 days! No charge!! They replaced the shell on a year-old P3P and repaired the controller stick........................ all for free!

Reactions: m0j0
See, that's how we all wish it could be, for everyone. But knowing there are many perfect drones out here, that never had a single problem, mine being one. I would like to believe that we are in the majority. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Lefty63 and flpholt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20