Anybody downgrade from 1.8?

Reaction score
If you have downgraded, please help!?

Just seeing if anybody successfully has downgraded their P3S from 1.8.1? Read a few things online that dji won't allow your bird to downgrade anymore.
Some proof maybe is this message in my log on my sd card:
========== 2017.02.02 10:22:16 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it seems that you cannot downgrade firmware on the Standard.
I had a similar message when I tried it. I've seen some threads were it seems like it can be done on the Advanced and Pro models.
If you find a way let me know, but things have gotten better after making some adjustments to the settings --- turning off caching got rid of the choppy video that was not an issue in the original version.
Cheers ~

You can go to 1.79, but that's it. I tried it. You just install the FW on the root of the SD card and then start the bird up. DO NOT INTERRUPT IT until it's completely finished.

I have also downgraded to 1.7.9 and rolled my app back to 2.9.1 as per Solentlifes' testing. I like the google maps in the app and 3.1.2 has issues.

Hello,

I tried to DWG to the 1.7.9 version and it works BUT many errors after (beep beep beep from the bird) + barometer error + some another errors on the DJI go App, so i decided to return to the last firmware version

Hello,

I tried to DWG to the 1.7.9 version and it works BUT many errors after (beep beep beep from the bird) + barometer error + some another errors on the DJI go App, so i decided to return to the last firmware version

Same problem here. I got the ARGtek antenna 6 pack in the mail this weekend, installed it, and my range was WORSE! After re-doing all the connections with one of their techs via skype, they then tell me it is probably a firmware issue, not a hardware issue. I've been trying since last night to downgrade from 1.08.10, and was finally able to get to 1.07.9, only to be greeted with flashing red warnings and sensor failures when I started the app after the downgrade. So frustrating!

Now I'm back on skype with their tech to try and sort this mess out. I just wanna fly the **** thing!

phantom 3 downgrade-1.png

Here's what the tech guy said to do. I'm on step 11 right now. Fingers crossed.....

I downgraded mine without issues but then decided to give 1.8 another try and so far it's working fine.range is actually maybe just a little better but with the latest app on android sometimes I experience some video lag but nothing too extreme.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd like to downgrade from 1.08.10 which is awful. But when you put the file on the sd card and then put it in the gimbal camera, doesn't it ignore it because it's an older version number?

Having conducted many tests of successive FW... I am happy with 1.8.10.

For 'old hands' on here - they will have viewed my many videos / posts about combos of FW with GO ... and the results.

The days of 1.5.xx and pre 3.0.xx Go are long gone ..... and with latest 3.1.5 and 1.8.10 ... I see little change ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4