Any word on a Phantom 4 Pro or a newer Phantom 4 version?

Reaction score
Its been awhile since i logged on and seen any updates.

Not sure if theres any rumors or information about a newer version Phantom 4 coming out.
I suspected it was coming soon since all these prices are dropping for both the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4.
You can also pick up bundle packs with extra batteries, etc. for cheap.

Well, seems the upgrade will not see the light before September (don't trust me, those are the rumors!) There is also the possibility that there would not be an upgrade, but a total new version at the beginning of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You serious!? The P4 was just released. Look to see a new version of the I1, though... How soon, who knows...

Since I started droning in April with my P4, I don't know how DJI released their previous models. From y'all with experience, is it more possible to have an upgraded P4 and/or a different version like a P4 Pro or P4S(Apple joke) or an entire new model-P5?

You serious!? The P4 was just released. Look to see a new version of the I1, though... How soon, who knows...

Yea I'm serious. The fact that there is literally 4-5 different models of the Phantom 3 all released within less than a year. The Phantom 4 was announced in March and released in April. Its already been 3-4 months. When the Phantom 3 was announced there were only 2 models. The Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 3 Advanced. Now they Have the Standard and the 4k. Various models with and without lightbridge/wifi. There was also changes of quality from 1080 to 2.7k and 4k. As well as the standard remote. All that happened before the Phantom 4 was announced. I find it very hard to believe that the Phantom 4 is going to be the only version before the 5 is announced.

I would be suprised to see the speed and kind of advancements we have become accustomed to in the past. Drones have taken advantage of a lot of technology not drone related. Cell phones and computers have driven the miniaturization of a lot of the tech our drones use. The push to 4k tvs as well. I only see small evolutionary improvement for quite some time. I expect possible zoom lense, 360 degree optical avoidance, and incremental camera improvements. A better battery tech or something significant like it would be the only real game changer and I don't see it anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Keep in mind if you're thinking the P4 will follow the same release pattern as the P3...

P3 Advanced & Pro April 2015
P3 Standard August 2015

So actually the NEW model is a stripped down version instead of a super charged version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic