Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

any video players that will play fC40's video on a PC?

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by J.James, Apr 21, 2014.

1. J.James

Hi all I have been having a heck of a time trying to find the answer to my problem of not being able to get any of the videos from the FC40's camera to play on my computer. I can get them to play fine on the phone threw the wifi. But I would like to be able to view them on my computer. and Media player even with the latest version would play them and I heard movie maker worked for editing them but it to keeps saying it cant import the file type. only way I have been able to get them to view is threw Wondershare video converter if I convert them from the mpg4 format but that is sort of a pain plus I'm using the free version and that leaves a wonder share watermark in the center of the videos. I can up load them to utube fine. But thats about it.

So I was wondering if any one knows how to get them to play in media player. or if so what codecs do I need? Thanks for any help any one can give.

2. jduck

I don't have a FC40 and don't know the format it saves in but VLC player has been know to play just about anything you throw at it.

It's worth a try and free! :D

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

3. AnselA

4. dragonash

5. Mandrake

Give Divx a go .. its free and plays just about everything...

Sent from the thing that does everything.

6. J.James

Cool beans thanks every one. I downloaded the codec pack from http://www.cccp-project.net/

This did solve all of my codec problems in about 30 seconds flat. which was awesome cause I searched and searched the internet for about 3 days trying to find a way to make them play in media player and others.

7. dragonash

Awesome.
    That codec pack (and player) is the golden grail for all of us anime watchers :)