Any value to upgrading motors?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a second hand P3 Pro. Sadly, I suffered a strange crash early on and now one of my motors is abit noisy, has this metallic clinking sound in low RPMs right when its starting up or shutting down. So far it still flys great and keeps battery life per orig, but I fear I may have whacked one or two of the motors pretty hard on that crash.

So I am looking at replacing motors on my P3P and was wondering if there is any value to trying to get more powerful motors?

I would LOVE to make my Phantom flyable in 25-30mph as my other hobby, kitesurfing, use alot of wind. But if the tech is not there or does not offer improvement over OEM DJI motors, then I may as well get the OEM replacements and try to find someone to install them for me (watched the Ytube vid, I am soldering-aphobic).

Has anyone had success with aftermarket motors aside from DJI, eg the KDE or any other brand?

Though mine are just fine I'm always looking for upgrades to make it better . I stumbled upon these and am curious if these would be better then stock .

DJI E305 (4 Props) Tuned Propulsion System

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Those will not work on the phantom. If you do a search I know there have been a couple people who have been able to upgrade to different kind of motor is made by a different company..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj