Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Any use off Therm-app Device?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LarasLTU, Sep 12, 2014.

1. LarasLTU

Oct 4, 2013
    Did anybody had a chance to check this device and possible areas to use it for the Phantom? http://therm-app.com/

It looks very promising... Thinking about business reason to purchase one ;)

2. J.James

Apr 21, 2014
    That is very cool. and not a bad price either. I can think of a few business reason to purchase one. The price is good to. I have a thermo scope. That has less capability then that thing and it cost 2x as much and the one one need that can do what that one can is about 3 times as much. I already had to turn down a few jobs this year doing some commercial net working and other stuff that some times they need a therm site survey done. and them jobs all would of paid very well to just to go and take a few thermo pictures and then up load the pics in to some survey software and send it to the client. and if it could be fitted to a drones camera would even open more doors for roof top surveys. not to even mention it would also be cool as heck to use for night flying.
  3. macheung

Dec 10, 2013
    $999 is expensive but this device is far superior to the FLIR-One which is like 60x80 thermal resolution.
    19mm lens may not be side angle enough for FPV use.
    Is there a way to get analog video out rather than going through a phone?
  4. Bogwan

Dec 10, 2015
    I recently purchased the Seek Thermal camera for $195 and am looking to mount it to my p2v+. Only issue i see is where to mount the cell phone so it doesnt interfere with the p2v+ compass. I tried on the gimbal guard under the camera and had a flyaway with compass problems. Any thoughts?