Any tips for newbie ???

Reaction score
Have been lurking for a while and wanting a drone, finally broke down and ordered Phantom 3 advanced (did this on recommendation of several that I know that have drones )

So far I have read a lot of threads and those that own drones have told me to read ALL I CAN prior to my first flight and this have been doing

I understand the importance of compass calibration but have to admit I am going to be very nervous in first few flights.

Thinking probably need to go to a wide open area to get feel of everything and keep flights short and sweet for a few times

Honestly would appreciate any other tips that can be shared with me.

Thanks ahead of time

Remove your pets and people you like from the room if you decide to fly indoors. :)

No matter how much you read or learn, you're still gonna be very nervous as you learn. But relax and have as much fun as you can. Although they do happen, the crashes and flyaways you've been reading about are rare, not too likely to happen to you. So no need to be too nervous. Open field is a must if you can get in one. Then just keep it in beginner mode for your first flights or five. Get the feel of the controls and how she moves. You'll learn that a monkey can FLY these things, but learning to get smooth, sweeping shots will take a lot of practice. The biggest OH ****!! moment I had when new was I underestimated the height of some trees close to where I was flying and had a close call. Do what I did, ask a local tree expert what height you would need to fly to avoid pretty much any trees in your area. Other than a few things to keep in mind, you will pretty much progress as you fly. So fly a lot and it is a blast, trust me.

I do not live to far from local high school with big parking lots and practice fields so I am thinking that is where I will go to learn

I will have no issues there for 2 reasons, 1 I am PA announcer for football and have been for 15 seasons plus I am on school district board of trustees as well LOL.

Reactions: Gary M
read the manual several times than go fly it and have fun.
beginner mode at first.

Don't get trapped into staring AT your new, wonderful toy, look ahead! Where will it be in the next few seconds?

ABC

Assume nothing..Believe nobody...Check everything!

Above all...have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, it is very important to go through a pre-flight checklist to check that everything is okay, and that you have done everything that needs to be done.
73932-checklist.png

Hey, it is very important to go through a pre-flight checklist to check that everything is okay, and that you have done everything that needs to be done.
73932-checklist.png

Thanks, that looks like something I will print out and keep in my case .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues