Any tips for installing Ground Station in Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hey there,

I recently purchased a Ground Station kit for my Phantom 2 and it arrived last week. I plan on using it with my iPad but understand I need to use a PC (or Mac with Parallels) to update/configure the firmware.

With that said, the best online resource I have come across is this overview of one guy installing it along with an iOSD mini - http://skypixel.org/post/83254735947

I'm wondering if there are any other (better) step-by-step instructions on how to add Ground Station to a P2 out there?

Thanks!

I was planning on getting a ground station and did some reading on installation. I would recommend putting your iOSD inside, then leading the cable to the Ground station through one of the unused leg holes and mount the module on the underside. Some have tried putting it inside too, but I read they tend to get pretty warm.
You may have to unsolder the cable from the module to be able to pull it through, disregard my instructions if you aren't confident doing that.
Through all my research, the link you posted is probably the best set of instructions I could find.

if you're not using an iOSD mini, you just plug the canbus cable from the DataLink unit to the port on the Phantom's leg. Done.

If you are using an iOSD mini, just plug the cable in to the spare port on the side of that instead. Done.

Mount it however you prefer, just try to have the 2 antenna leads so they're separated a bit from each other, and if possible at 90 deg to each other.

Installation was a breeze! Updates were easy and the first 2 flights went great! I only seemed to get 2 out of 4 bars for Bluetooth, guessing I need to play where I run the 2 antenna wires?

My rookie question is, how do you get it to land where it took off? After it completed the triangle I set it up to do, I assumed it would land in the same place? Instead, it sort of just hovered in place and then I flipped the S2 switch down to the bottom and back up and took over flight and catch-landed.

Also, just want to double check that running a GoPro3 from the Zenmuse while using Ground Station is OK? There's no cross-interference or anything right?

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl