Any thoughts, cautions, warnings about winter

When it looks like below, stay inside.

Attachments

• Hell winter9.jpg
    Hell winter9.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 560
It looks like a layer cake :lol:

If we have another "polar vortex" winter like last year, I will probably lock up my Vision+ in storage and max out the Netflix subscription instead. :p

However, I'm sure any days it creeps above 30F with no wind I will be itchin' to get some flying time. Maybe I need to buy something like this:

Ice_tent.jpg

I'd prefer something with bigger windows, but if I bring along a propane heater it could be a toasty little shelter while the Phantom buzzes around in that crisp air, eh?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I live in S. Fl so what do I know 'bout snow?

But one thing I though of is if you are flying during actual snow fall could there be an issue with visibility, i.e. 'white-out''?

saltire said:
Make sure you wrap up well and take a flask of hot tea with you :D

And a flask of Doc Mcgillicuddy's wares to keep the tea warm... :D

-slinger

One thing I regret. Here in California we'll be switching back to Standard time ( off Daylight Saving time ) this weekend. After that it will be dark when I get home from work. No more after work flying, in daylight anyway.

locoworks said:
wear a wooley hat and big coat with gloves too

I was given a pair of gloves that will actually work on a touch screen last Christmas. They're waiting in the wings. I flew for fifteen minutes yesterday morning at around 7:00 AM and I couldn't feel the tips of my fingers for an hour or so... It was only around 38 degrees or so, which is pretty tame winter weather in these parts... :shock:

-slinger

IflyinWY said:
It looks like a layer cake :lol:
With the "Winter from hell" we had last year, it snowed and settled, and snowed, and settled, and......it piled up. Worst I have seen in 30 years. With the crap Summer we had this year in Michigan we deserve a low amount snow and warm Winter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31