Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App

I'm a happy flyer, no app issues or crack issues. However I don't update apps or my OS unless there's a compelling reason. My IOS8.1 on a Mini2 works fine with Go 2.4.0. I can go 2+ miles with simple windsurfer reflectors. If DJI creates something I need, I'll consider taking the risk of upgrading then. I'm convinced DJI doesn't thoroughly vet the software they create BEFORE it's released, based on the evidence. There's definitely risk involved in upgrading blindly. It's better to let the Streve's and RedHotPokers of the world test things DJI doesn't before I'll touch it.

Reactions: Reed L
Lets see if I get this straight. If you are "like thousands out there who do not subscribe to the forum", how did you see and post to this post? And if your statement has any validity, why aren't others like you speaking out.

You don't get !!! Follow the thread, please.

Lets see if I get this straight. If you are "like thousands out there who do not subscribe to the forum", how did you see and post to this post? And if your statement has any validity, why aren't others like you speaking out.

I think RobinB meant he doesn't subscribe "to the sentiment" of the forum saying there are countless problems.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
It's better to let the Streve's and RedHotPokers of the world test things DJI doesn't before I'll touch it.
Actually, they're not the best ones to wait for. They have golden gooses, nary a problem- very fortunate. The ones to wait on are the ones who've had problems and report them being fixed. If my updating to 9.1 on the Air2 and updating to the latest go app cures my app disconnects and tablet crashes, that's something for others to consider. I'll be sure to report back.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
John - you do not know how much I wish I would not have updated and stayed with IOS 8.1 on a Mini2. It has been six week of frustration, but it is flying pretty good again. Had it out a mile +, although today had a major compass error, another day... another problem.

Wait until a kid has this problem and puts it into the windshield of a car.

I've got my P3P for only one month, but had already so much fun with it. From day one never had any issues whatsoever. Application works well, signal strength always perfect, the machine flies like a dream.
This is my fifth flight:

Last edited:

Because they are NOT on this forum.
30,000 or so are sold every month.

If there WAS a big problem it would be everywhere.

People generally do not want good news, i.e. there is no good news only newspaper.

You please follow the thread, which is about latest software. Yes I have updated, yes its fine.

I wish they could make a split screen choice so you can view the video stream and map bigger, simultaneously.

Hi guys, newbie here looking for some advice. I always calibrate IMU,gimbal and compass after any FW update. Is it best to do the same after an app update? Thanks for your input!!
Jim

Hi guys, newbie here looking for some advice. I always calibrate IMU,gimbal and compass after any FW update. Is it best to do the same after an app update? Thanks for your input!!
Jim
There is no need unless the app tells you that you have an issue, or if you travel outside the local area you normally fly. After App updates that is..

No one can't deny that flyers are having issues with iOS and last 2 firmware updates. It seems random as not all suffer the issue. I have joined the ranks of the " no signal" problem with no way to rectify it. It cost me real $$$ last week and have taken it up with DJI. I had no issues b4 now I do.
Happy folks are having no issues but keep in mind your lucky, because if you did you would not be a happy camper.

emot-cop.gif
Lets reel it in a bit here guys. Warnings go out to the next person I have to delete a post from in this thread.

And for the record, DJI software is not perfect, no ones is. There have been many issues in the past with various firmwares & apps. The P2 Ground Station app has been busted since iOS9 came out and now the PC version will cease to exist next month. There is suppose to be a fix in the works for the iOS version but as far as I know it's not done yet. The P2 had many issues with firmware, and so on. It's a fact of life when dealing with software, there are always hidden bugs to squash. Just because you have no issues doesn't mean nobody has issues.

PS - AWESOME pic Meta! :)
I guess Im confused?! I dont remember anyone ever saying that DJI was perfect. But I cant go back and look because someone deleted everything that set the record strait and left all the misdirected complaints. We arent talking about P2s and no-one here should should be able to care less about P2 issues! The P2 is yesterdays tech with yesterdays issues! The world hass moved on, and so has the bulk of the support for its software. Thats not only a no-brainer, but it should be something expected! So lets keep the P3 forums talking about P3 issues keep on the subject!

If the P3 runs flawlessly on MY airframe, and MY tablets, across several software versions... that means that there is no issue with the current FW/app software available. We all get it from the same sources! There is no room for there to be "broke versions" floating around! So if a few people have an issue running something they THEY have a local hardware issue. Thats called common sense! If it works perfectly ANYWHERE then it cant have a problem!! That doesn't mean that the guy having problems is an idiot doing everything wrong. It simply means that there is something different about HIS configuration that is causing some strange anomaly. And those issues are ALWAYS going to exist! Hell, I cant get Clash of Clans to run on one of my tablets. But I'm smart enough to know that hundreds of thousands of people are playing it, so it has to be someone with MY stuff!.

The sooner the people with issues get off their little trip of crying about those with success, the sooner those with success and the knowledge to help, can help! I get that ya don't like me TJ.. The great part is that I don't care! I'm not here for you! I'm here for the people that deserve help.

Reactions: bmatch5
Meta4... where are the happy flyers??? O' yaw I remember... they don't read the BB if they are happy??? I was just laughing at the posts on the front page;

Power Loss
Discounted offer from DJI for flyaway
Forced - Happy Landing - Why Was I Not Able To Cancel Auto Landing?
Freaky day in the skies
DJI: New P3A Purchaser AFRAID to Fly!
Help with Phantom 3 SD card reader
Compass Error - Near Disaster
Regular brief video break-ups normal?

Do you not read you own BB? Do you not understand the BIG problem?

To be fair, "freaky day in the skies" doesn't belong on your list, that was a mocking post describing my continued failure to have a failure, and was (appropriately) moved to off-topic. :cool:

To be fair, "freaky day in the skies" doesn't belong on your list, that was a mocking post describing my continued failure to have a failure, and was (appropriately) moved to off-topic. :cool:
Forced - Happy Landing was a common user mistake. Compass error was based on a poor compass calibration.

Its easy to pick titles and say "look how bad things are"! But when you REALLY look atht eh genuine content, there is little to nothing that cant be explained by users not following the manual, or using common sense. There are some real issues though. Cracks are not simply going to go away. But there is no reason in hell to have 50 threads all leading to the simple solution of "send it for a free repair." I think its odd that DJI stated early on that they knew there was an issue with the SDCard readers, yet no one has had an issue!

@III% Streve & @CabinP3 - if you two don't settle down you will be taking a little vacation. You attitudes are out of line here. Last chance.

Thats because they don't even really know what they are posting.

Back to the original subject, I updated to GO 2.4.1 on my iPhone 6+ and tried it today for a long flight and it flew fine. I did get a few pauses in the FPV when about 2200' away, but it was acting like that before. When updating the app I always make a copy of the old app first so I can roll back if necessary.

Back to the original subject, I updated to GO 2.4.1 on my iPhone 6+ and tried it today for a long flight and it flew fine. I did get a few pauses in the FPV when about 2200' away, but it was acting like that before. When updating the app I always make a copy of the old app first so I can roll back if necessary.
Are you running the channel hack? And was there anything between you and the bird?

If you're getting disconnects, you need to simplify your device or work around it. Complaining about it incessantly won't fix it. Let's face it, DJI doesn't make hardened products that have been rigorously tested. If they did, none of us would have them because they would cost $10,000 each.

So, to be productive... Cleanse your device of all running apps, or better yet you should power cycle it, put it in airplane mode, run only the DJI app.

And if you want to work around app disconnects, get the HDMI adapters and a monitor. It doesn't use the app at all. It has less lag and won't crash. That way you can still get FPV even if the app goes out and you have full control through the RC. Treat the app as optional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1