Any Stress Cracks Yet ?

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any stress cracks around the motors yet like the Pro/Adv have been having ?
Just curious .

I developed one right around 100 flights as others said might happen. I quickly purchased Loctite 425 and Bondic. The Loctite did nothing to stop the spread even after letting it sit 24-48 hours and made the underarm blue. The Bondic has stopped further stress cracking on the one affected arm. I highly recommend it and I haven't had any further worries.

I developed one right around 100 flights as others said might happen. I quickly purchased Loctite 425 and Bondic. The Loctite did nothing to stop the spread even after letting it sit 24-48 hours and made the underarm blue. The Bondic has stopped further stress cracking on the one affected arm. I highly recommend it and I haven't had any further worries.
You have the Pro right ? Was wondering about the Standards .
I hadn't seen no one post about any in the standard section and was just wondering .

Yeah its a Pro. At first I was interested in a Standard but I couldn't go back to non-Lightbridge FPV. I would scour B&H daily as they post used (they are fully inspected and certified to work). I scored a Pro for $849 which is their standard used price. Mine had 3 flights on it when I got it.

Also as someone else stated here, the stress cracks was probably a bad production run and has been fixed now and would most likely only affect the P3P/A models prior to July timeframe. All the newer models have newer motors as well from what I've seen online.

Reactions: dirkclod
Also as someone else stated here, the stress cracks was probably a bad production run and has been fixed now and would most likely only affect the P3P/A models prior to July timeframe. All the newer models have newer motors as well from what I've seen online.
Well looks like ya got a good deal and hope they do get them shell issues worked out ! Just saw where a members motor just came out of his shell .
Ugh :eek:

My theory was that the cracks came from badly balanced props, can anyone say that they have properly balanced their props and that they still have gotten cracks?
Some serious stress on the flimsy plastic with bad props.. just my theory though..

My theory was that the cracks came from badly balanced props, can anyone say that they have properly balanced their props and that they still have gotten cracks?
Some serious stress on the flimsy plastic with bad props.. just my theory though..
There's a lot of theory's and look in the Pro section and not just on the 1st page and you will see all of them .
Props not the issue here .
And welcome to the forum Tendo :)

I've logged 6hrs 13min with 72 flights and this includes 2 tip overs and one crash. A bit of scuffs in the plastic from the crash. Broke 2 props but after full disassembly "to clean out all the dirt and rocks and bits of pine tree" no cracks

Reactions: SENC and dirkclod
I've logged 6hrs 13min with 72 flights and this includes 2 tip overs and one crash. A bit of scuffs in the plastic from the crash. Broke 2 props but after full disassembly "to clean out all the dirt and rocks and bits of pine tree" no cracks
That's good to hear Data ! Have you beat your trail run with the DBS yet ?
I'm glad I waited as of that discount ;)

That's good to hear Data ! Have you beat your trail run with the DBS yet ?
I'm glad I waited as of that discount ;)
As of right now that trial run was absolute max with out upgrading the p3s's onboard antennas. I notice when panning around certain directions it's signal drops right off but spin it a few inches back it goes back to full. I think it's those mini panel antennas they seem very directional. Ordering a new 5.8ghz omni antenna to mount under the drone to see if it solves this signal drop out at different angles of rotation. Antenna like
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441990152.234646.jpg

As of right now that trial run was absolute max with out upgrading the p3s's onboard antennas. I notice when panning around certain directions it's signal drops right off but spin it a few inches back it goes back to full. I think it's those mini panel antennas they seem very directional. Ordering a new 5.8ghz omni antenna to mount under the drone to see if it solves this signal drop out at different angles of rotation. Antenna like View attachment 30359
I've alrady started ordering stuff and gonna try Tony's 2.4 and 5.8's for the birdside ones that he made up to match the DBS panel . I guess we will see just what it takes to hit max eh ! :)

I've alrady started ordering stuff and gonna try Tony's 2.4 and 5.8's for the birdside ones that he made up to match the DBS panel . I guess we will see just what it takes to hit max eh ! :)
These are the one's I'm gonna try .
dipoles1-450x338.jpg
58dipoles-450x338.jpg

Indeed. And it's fun to tinker with it no matter the outcome. Got a link to those ones you got ?

Indeed. And it's fun to tinker with it no matter the outcome. Got a link to those ones you got ?
FPVLR.COM - ONLINE STORE Just look up 2.4 and 5.8 and you will see them for the DBS panel and am also getting the hangers like I have on my P2V from him again .
I'm just gonna unhook the antenna cables in the bird and connect them with these
s-l140.jpg
that I have soldered 2 back to back
and cover with shrink tubing like I did my FC200 and see what happens ! :eek:
Worked good with the 200 .

FPVLR.COM - ONLINE STORE Just look up 2.4 and 5.8 and you will see them for the DBS panel and am also getting the hangers like I have on my P2V from him again .
I'm just gonna unhook the antenna cables in the bird and connect them with these View attachment 30362 that I have soldered 2 back to back
and cover with shrink tubing like I did my FC200 and see what happens ! :eek:
Worked good with the 200 .
Very cool !!!!! Ill try my 6$ ones with free shipping first. It's almost 50$ for shipping to here from him OUCH !!

Fly it like you stole it! Outstanding!

Can P3S users please check their shells and report back here..
Report on cracks vs Hours vs number of flights please.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.