Any Standard Owners Here?

Reaction score
Hey, I've been flying a standard for little over a year now and have enjoyed ALMOST every flight w/ no real issues. I have always wanted a Pro and 1 should be at my door today. Although l'll probably read up for a couple days before flying l'd still rather here from you all on things l'm doing now that could be detrimental too the Pro. Or anything for that matter that might be beneficial to me. Thanks in advance!

Enjoy your P3 Pro. You will appreciate the light bridge over the wifi for range not to mention the 4K capability.

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
I went from a Standard to a Pro without any problems. The biggest difference for me was the increase in range. I can only go about 1,000 feet out with the Standard, but the Pro went 1.5 miles out on the second flight.

I went from a Standard to a Pro without any problems. The biggest difference for me was the increase in range. I can only go about 1,000 feet out with the Standard, but the Pro went 1.5 miles out on the second flight.
I've done well w/ the standard having 1500'-2000' out of the box 4400' w/ argtek and now boosted dbs but no good tests as of yet. l'm far from putting it on a shelf. I really wasn't even in to buku range untill (my hero,lol) Dirtybum got over 40,000' w/ 1!

I've done well w/ the standard having 1500'-2000' out of the box 4400' w/ argtek and now boosted dbs but no good tests as of yet. l'm far from putting it on a shelf. I really wasn't even in to buku range untill (my hero,lol) Dirtybum got over 40,000' w/ 1!
What firmware are you using. I have the ARGtek antenna on my Standard, but still can't get over 1,000 feet.

1.5 and l'll keep it till they tell me l can't! Yours?

How about firmware for the Pro, any problems there?

I finally got to visit a place where I could stretch out my Phantom 3 Standard. I was just outside
the Talladega National Forest in Alabama. I got out to 3400 feet and could have pushed a bit
farther, but brought it back. I was at about 300 feet. The specs say 1000 meters and I got 1036 meters.
I was happy to see it at least hit its advertised distance. Got an Itelite dbs mod I am going to install soon and see what it will do !!

How about firmware for the Pro, any problems there?

Congrats, I am sure you are going to enjoy this new bird.

As far as the firmware goes v1.9.60 seems stable but it is matter of choice. Some members are going to tell you that they started having problems right after a fw upgrade. That has not been the case for me, my P3P came with V 1.5.x.x and upgraded it to v1.9.60 and no issues whatsoever. Just flew yesterday at about 300 ft high and 1,100 ft away and not an issue. My photographs and videos are awesome.

One of my favorites features of both the P3P & P3A ( I have both) is the course lock (useful for aerial filming). For long flights I recommend getting to know Home Lock.

Happy Flying Brother..

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
I finally got to visit a place where I could stretch out my Phantom 3 Standard. I was just outside
the Talladega National Forest in Alabama. I got out to 3400 feet and could have pushed a bit
farther, but brought it back. I was at about 300 feet. The specs say 1000 meters and I got 1036 meters.
I was happy to see it at least hit its advertised distance. Got an Itelite dbs mod I am going to install soon and see what it will do !!
l did the dbs mod as well and waiting for some extra time to test out some boosters. On another note l just unboxed this Pro and l'm diggin it!

Congrats, I am sure you are going to enjoy this new bird.

As far as the firmware goes v1.9.60 seems stable but it is matter of choice. Some members are going to tell you that they started having problems right after a fw upgrade. That has not been the case for me, my P3P came with V 1.5.x.x and upgraded it to v1.9.60 and no issues whatsoever. Just flew yesterday at about 300 ft high and 1,100 ft away and not an issue. My photographs and videos are awesome.

One of my favorites features of both the P3P & P3A ( I have both) is the course lock (useful for aerial filming). For long flights I recommend getting to know Home Lock.

Happy Flying Brother..
Tell me about the Home Lock and course Lock feature. That sounds like something I should be learning.

Tell me about the Home Lock and course Lock feature. That sounds like something I should be learning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Enjoy, Happy Flying..

Thanks ElGuapo.
After I made that post, I went on You Tube and found those videos. But it seems to me that the Return To Home feature is better. Am I wrong? I have been in that situation of not know which way the Phantom was pointing when out of sight, or even within sight but had no reference to see which way was home. Before I learned to us the little blue icon in the lower left circle, I just hit RTH. Once the bird straightened up and started home, I cancelled RTH and flew it manually. Does one have an advantage over the other? It seems that there are a lot more steps to activate Home Lock as apposed to pushing one button on the Pro RC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic