Any sign of update from DJI

Reaction score
To fix issue in regard to failure of return to home feature should you lose signal running new follow me ,obit etc upgrades released last week

That wouldn't be a fix, since you are describing the intended action.

Last edited:
it's been tested and confirmed. Follow me and POI do not RTH, Waypoints does (assuming you've set it to do that).

Reactions: Oso
it's been tested and confirmed. Follow me and POI do not RTH, Waypoints does (assuming you've set it to do that).
Any reference or video? Something other then Blade Strike saying it's so.

I don't know that it's a problem or that there would be a fix to Follow Me since it appears that the Home Point is updated every few seconds.

Any reference or video? Something other then Blade Strike saying it's so.

I don't know that it's a problem or that there would be a fix to Follow Me since it appears that the Home Point is updated every few seconds.
A bunch of guys on rcgroup have confirmed it.

And I agree, it's not really a problem. I can see how it might be an issue with POI if you are orbiting a tall structure that blocks the signal once every revolution, but otherwise not really.

If you using follow me in a boat and you lose signal for whatever reason it will land in the wet stuff

Reactions: Cerone
If you using follow me in a boat and you lose signal for whatever reason it will land in the wet stuff
Unless you have it set to hover instead of land right? It would at least give you a few minutes go try and reestablish the connection

Dave

It hovers until the battery goes to critical, at which point it will land. Waypoints is the only mode where you can set RTH or hover.

It hovered for about 10 seconds then landed, the battery had over 50% left on it. Luckily I was above to find it undamaged . The video recorded everything, the app crashed and ther was no log of the flight

RTH on Follow Me would be bad. If it follows you 2 miles and starts heading home after losing signal, you now have to chase it home, if it doesn't make it who knows where it will crash. I'd rather it hover and land where it lost connection where I know where it is and have a chance to get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20