Any Samsung 8" tablet mounting ideas?

Reaction score
I'd like to use the original clamp with the addition of an extension bolted to the upper part. I've seen some nice designs on this sight, but can't seem to find them now that I a larger monitor on its way. Thanks in advance for any ideas and photos you might share.

Thanks HacKiwi......this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I asked....and now I've received. I'm sure I will see something in the hardware store, but just for clarification.....when you mention "bracket"....may I assume it's aluminum? If I'm thinking correctly, I think there are probably several areas in a big hardware store to look for something like you have......my new tablet comes on Tues/Wed and I will be as ready as possible.....thanks

If I might add to the topic..
Here's mine, Just did it today. (Crap phone pics.. Sorry)
Made it for a EVGA Tegra 4 I got to replace my Galaxy Tab 3, The screen blew after Kitkat 4.4 update..**** YOU SAMSUNG!!!!
It mounts directly to the original mount w/3 small countersunk hex screws w/nuts and washers.
Just a piece of 2.5-3 mm aluminum I had kicking around my garage A little bending/cutting/filing and drilling about 3 hours later this is what I had.
IMG_20141019_235001.jpg

IMG_20141019_235838.jpg

I'd imagine the 8" wouldn't be much heavier than the Tegra.
Just looking @ it now, I'm getting ideas as to what I can do to make it a bit better.. (Pics later)
As it sits, it'll hold my SGT3-7" as well (After I get a new lcd)
Just start out w/ a outline of your tablet on paper, add some extra material for bends/tabs, swap it to cardboard if you're not to sure of yourself then when you're happy w/a design fab it outta your preferred material.
G'Luck.. Have fun.
-D-

bald1eagle said:
Thanks HacKiwi......this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I asked....and know I've received. I'm sure I will see something in the hardware store, but just for clarification.....when you mention "bracket"....may I assume it's aluminum? If I'm thinking correctly, I think there are probably several areas in a big hardware store to look for something like you have......my new tablet comes on Tues/Wed and I will be as ready as possible.....thanks

Yip - Flat aluminium bracket. Usually in the shelving / kitchen section. Love mine. Simple, rock solid and folds away to nothing. Good luck.

Dimzim.......Yours is very well made and looks great......I kicked around my garage and didn't have the raw material to start a project like yours and it might be more effort than I would put into something frankly....Thank you for showing all of us what you have done....

Peter Patricelli said:
I saw this, bought it, and solved the problem with my 8" monitor.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/2179322/ ... erialId=62

Thanks.....You have an actual monitor with a camera type screw attachment and this I can see works well with that.....Tablet does not have the screw hole and it's probably not a good idea drilling one out... :?

Fplvert said:

Dang...darn....shoot....crap.......I have one of those "as seen on tv" gps holders and I ran out to the car to grab it.....BUT.....I apparently took it out and left it in St. Augustine which is a couple hours away.....so....I really like the idea and can get another one at Target.....Question is.....I'm aware of the stickyness of this thing and have you ever had the tablet fall or pull off without you wanting it to???? In the meantime I think I will go get another and try it......it's very simple and meets the need......thanks

n my out and about at the hardware store to look for a bracket mentioned in a earlier post I found these gizmo's and think they may work just fine.....ha ha ha ..... I should be able to attach them to the original clamp and make them adjustable for different size tablets should the desire to put my 12" tablet on there...again...ha ha ha...

Attachments

• 20141020_131654 a.jpg
    20141020_131654 a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 393
bald1eagle said:
Dimzim.......Yours is very well made and looks great......I kicked around my garage and didn't have the raw material to start a project like yours and it might be more effort than I would put into something frankly....Thank you for showing all of us what you have done....
Thanks bald1eagle.
I was almost going into withdrawal from not being able to fly my Phantom thanks to my Samsung going down.
I couldn't wait for something to be delivered and all the local places I checked out had nothing but crap in the way of mounts.
Got the Phantom out w/the EVGA Tablet this morning.
It works waaay better than the Samsung did, much clearer and brighter. Not to mention It's got a way cooler mount. :cool:

bald1eagle said:
Fplvert said:

Dang...darn....shoot....crap.......I have one of those "as seen on tv" gps holders and I ran out to the car to grab it.....BUT.....I apparently took it out and left it in St. Augustine which is a couple hours away.....so....I really like the idea and can get another one at Target.....Question is.....I'm aware of the stickyness of this thing and have you ever had the tablet fall or pull off without you wanting it to???? In the meantime I think I will go get another and try it......it's very simple and meets the need......thanks
:D The mount really holds the tablet well. You have to pry it off, worse than DJI batteries. :lol:
The one modification I made was a small rubber washer in the phone clip ball socket. That keeps the phone or pad from moving once it's in position.

Don't forget unless that tablet is VERY bright, the Sun will knock it out and you will see very little without some type of shade.
My 7" is so bright when up full inside it is hard to look at. In the Sun, zilch. Finally put mine in a box. Works great.

Happyflyer said:
Don't forget unless that tablet is VERY bright, the Sun will knock it out and you will see very little without some type of shade.
My 7" is so bright when up full inside it is hard to look at. In the Sun, zilch. Finally put mine in a box. Works great.

Roger that.....ready with the shade....I have people that will carry a small shade tree around for me. :-/

Using the plastic hooks and a hose clamp from the hardware store, this is what I came up with as a temporary fix to hold the 8" tablet. Couldn't find a Grip Go locally so I ordered one and think I will like it better. Time to enjoy a larger FPV experience.... up up and away

Attachments

• 20141022_234620 a.jpg
    20141022_234620 a.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 376
Doesn't matter what it looks like, just so it works.
Slick. :)

Here's an idea if you want to go with something that balances well whilst flying...a TX tray. I've found anything besides an iPhone will cause the top of the rig to tip away from me and make precision flying difficult - even with a neck strap. This thing is perfectly balanced, and should work with the stock transmitter too. Used/non-retail-cost-items are available on eBay, as an FYI.

Attachments

• Idea.jpg
    Idea.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 318

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic