Any reports on the new 2.8.4 Android Go App ?

Hopefully they're working on the battery firmware issue that has caused many recent crashes.

This is only a Go app update. No AC or RC firmware upgrade associated with it. Nothing in the release note as usual. Good thing I have auto-update turned off. Who will be the first guinea pig?

Hopefully they're working on the battery firmware issue that has caused many recent crashes.
A reviewer on the Google Play store seems to think that:
--------
István Tóth August 21, 2016
Good job Change to 5 stars ✨ because battery drain issue fixed (Note 4, Nexus 9)
--------
Maybe he is referring to the tablet battery drain.
Below is DJI's list of changes:
WHAT'S NEW
- Added support for DJI Focus Handwheel.
- Added support for Facebook Live and RTMP live streaming.
- Added support for Coach Mode in DJI Lightbridge 2.
- Fixed the problem that iOS DJI Flight Records cannot be synced.

Not sure any of this can be trusted. What is focus hand wheel? What is Coach Mode? Note the last one is a fix for iOS on the Android app page.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well it looks like I'll be trying it as my Samsung Tablet updated it even though auto updates are off :(

In addition they changed the flight log file format and it is currently not readable on https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
But let's hope it will be fixed soon. The .DAT from the P3 itself still works.
So if viewing the flight records on this site matter for you, don't update until it is fixed.

Slightly off topic, while on the play store I came across 'VR Drone(DJI)', don't know what it is but might be interesting, will keep an eye on it

I don't think it is related to Android 6, maybe more Samsung implementation of it. It is possible that if you recently upgraded to android 6 (like for the Tab S2 as I have) some default setting like auto update for some apps have been reset to auto. I am no more sure if it happened to me.
That would be weird.

I thinks that some of the programmers of these tools were able to adapt and I am confident the others will soon too.

I've done a lot of searches but no luck. Everyone seems to feel that you must go and beg the publisher of the app. You might give @msinger a try - he has previous versions of the Phantom firmware on his web site phantomhelp.com

Reactions: sailor43 and Mocho
I'll be a guinea pig if they let me. The current version worked fine on the Android Nougat Beta (7.0), but crashed constantly yesterday with Nougat Final.

Edit - this is on my Pixel C tablet

Edit, reboot has solved it. I tried that before but this time it took. Maps now show properly.

Last edited:
Had a chance to check out the latest Android release of the DJI Go app v2.84 yesterday, running through 6 batteries.

First thing I noticed was the video on my S2-t710 tablet is now lagging :( I cleaned up the tablet so nothing was running in the background, no change. That is annoying given this brand new high end tablet worked perfectly before. Are we going to need super computers soon to run the “all in one” software DJI is putting out?

The clips in the Editor disappeared after logging into the app. They were there after flying as I was showing them to an audience. They aren’t even on the tablet now.

No changes in flight distance. Can still fly out as far as the battery will allow.

DJI’s log viewing program does not work with the new log format. It only shows a few lines of the flight, seems to be when errors occurred in flight. However the information presented is total garbage ie totally incorrect.

Healthy drones seems to work? But the jury is still out as one flight where I lost total signal doesn’t seem to be presented properly in the analysis.

The flight recorder in the app works fine.

Flight records synced without issue.

Did not have any Compass or GPS warnings. I had a few of those type errors on the last set of flights in this area but that was unusual, and I normally don’t have any problem with the compass or GPS.

Other than that all the basic stuff seemed to work fine.

I’ll be reverting back to v2.8.3 as the screen lag and logging issues are important to me.

@shockwave199 - They want everyone to fly geo eventually and it has to be done somehow....

What is geo?

’ll be reverting back to v2.8.3 as the screen lag and logging issues are important to me.
Screen lag is a major problem I keep hearing about. Not good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr