Any Regrets?

No regrets. I do wish sometimes my hobby budget would have allowed for the vision+. But like many have said, I'm no professional, the fc40 camera is better than I need/want... and with the 4000mAh turnigys the flight time is decent.

no . no prop guards. yes to the balls to the wall. but even hoover tring to set volts thingy the longest has been 4.45 min with 4000 mah, and lands at 7 mins, with the batt at 11.5 v. so is there something wrong? I don't understand this volt thing, I don't know what numbers to punch in, problel someone who knew what he was doing with it would get it to get 20min not this jackass. to hell with this thing . going to get the p2 all I have to do is pick %. iv watch videos on the volt thing , but still don't get it, just a dmfer :oops: can build anything, just have a hard time when it comes to godam computers . to friggen old

pert said:
no . no prop guards. yes to the balls to the wall. but even hoover tring to set volts thingy the longest has been 4.45 min with 4000 mah, and lands at 7 mins, with the batt at 11.5 v. so is there something wrong? I don't understand this volt thing, I don't know what numbers to punch in, problel someone who knew what he was doing with it would get it to get 20min not this jackass. to hell with this thing . going to get the p2 all I have to do is pick %. iv watch videos on the volt thing , but still don't get it, just a dmfer :oops: can build anything, just have a hard time when it comes to godam computers . to friggen old

What's the payload weight?
7 min from a 4000, **** that's not efficient at all!!!
I have (2) 2700's that I get easily 13-14min(each) every flight.
I'd go back to the factory settings on the voltage option as I haven't adjusted mine. I totally understand the whole computer thing as it can be intimidating. Some people in vids(YouTube) think that we are all computer experts.
Good luck.

weight it 1400 , it flys great like it is, very agile , thing I don't get , is it gets the same time with all the battery's if it lands with 11.5 in the batt, wouldn't it still have enough time left on it? I have a rotary cell phone :lol:

pert said:
weight it 1400 , it flys great like it is, very agile , thing I don't get , is it gets the same time with all the battery's if it lands with 11.5 in the batt, wouldn't it still have enough time left on it? I have a rotary cell phone :lol:

Weird that you get the same time with different capacity lipo's???

pert said:

I think that's the problem pert. That's a massive payload for FC40 to carry!! Mine weighs ~800g without battery and ~1000g with stock 2200mah. That extra weight is the thing that's really killing off your battery IMHO.... :eek:

Is the battery warning correctly set up with the naza program? Almost sounds it stops at 11.5v

I played with the numbers , I got the first red to come on a bit later , about 2 mins of red before flashing red, for a grand total of 6.9 mins, good thing is I have 2 mins. to get home with lots of power.

Only regret is that I wish I'd bought a flamewheel instead.. Just give more options for future use..

That said the fc40 is great and I will keep it when I buy the F550

Mini-geek said:
Only regret is that I wish I'd bought a flamewheel instead.. Just give more options for future use..

Me too. Last week I caved in and fed my addiction an F450 kit, Walkera G-3D gimbal, iOSD mini and the 5.8GHz FPV setup is en-route from eBay. I need help.

Have no regrets, but will be upgrading to the + for GroundStation, adjustable gimbal, flight time, etc. I agree that the 40 is a great intro quad and it served that purpose for me...just looking for a few more features now. I may wait and see what the inevitable Phantom 3 holds though...

pert said:
I played with the numbers , I got the first red to come on a bit later , about 2 mins of red before flashing red, for a grand total of 6.9 mins, good thing is I have 2 mins. to get home with lots of power.

But what are your numbers?

Yamasung said:
Have no regrets, but will be upgrading to the + for GroundStation, adjustable gimbal, flight time, etc. I agree that the 40 is a great intro quad and it served that purpose for me...just looking for a few more features now. I may wait and see what the inevitable Phantom 3 holds though...

Apparently ground station works with fc40, search the forums, I guess you just need a simple mod done inside and it will then work.

I don't make a ton of good decisions about recreation time but the FC40 is one of the best ones I have ever made. Absolutely no regrets. Right model, right price, and right hobby. Having a blast with the FC40.

mikey said:
Yamasung said:

Apparently ground station works with fc40, search the forums, I guess you just need a simple mod done inside and it will then work.

Yeah, I've seen the mods, just not sure I want to start soldering stuff inside as I know nothing about electronics and in general find I typically have bad luck with DIY projects (perfectionist, I guess).

Yamasung said:
mikey said:
Yamasung said:

Yeah, I've seen the mods, just not sure I want to start soldering stuff inside as I know nothing about electronics and in general find I typically have bad luck with DIY projects (perfectionist, I guess).
Oh, I didn't realize soldering was required? My impression was that it was something you plugged in (inside) - although I'm most likely mistaken.

I have regrets. By the time I bought a box full of batteries and a new gopro and still have crappy to no FPV, I could have easily paid for a vision 2.

I am hesitant to add a video transmitter and antenna because of the added weight and even shorter flight times. That said, I did bookmark those items today and am considering adding them to see.

That said, I enjoy my FC40 but I should have done my homework on the extra costs before ordering.

What I would really like is something like the TBS Discovery line or similar. Maybe in the future.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub