Any Regrets?

Reaction score
Wondering if any who purchased the FC40 had any regrets and wished they had gone with a Vision + instead.?

Rustysocket said:
Wondering if any who purchased the FC40 had any regrets and wished they had gone with a Vision + instead.?

Nope... not me. I can't see the extra price as being justified.

Me either. Every time you get ready to take just think that you have a loved one on it and my experience has shown you will not have any problems. Just make sure you use the software to get the failsafe stuff programmed.

I would like to know this as well, local shop said you cant fit ground station but a few people online say you can, as far as I know there is not such word as cant haha

No regrets here. I'm not a professional film maker so the camera works fine for me and with the 2700mah lipos I'm getting 15min flight times, all good [emoji1]

gfm1135 said:
Which 2700mah lipo are you using?

Amain sells it for $36

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409362815.814887.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409362815.814887.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 763
You must have an exceptional 2700mah battery. I have 2 of that battery and the best time I see is 11 minutes til 2nd stage kicks in (even after changing the numbers in Naza). I get 16+ minutes on my Turnigy 4000mah 10C but it did require 2 mods. External wire/battery hook up and slightly enlarging the bottom opening of the battery compartment. Although this post might belong elsewhere, it's related to a post in this section and it is on my FC40.

Sim-builder said:
You must have an exceptional 2700mah battery. I have 2 of that battery and the best time I see is 11 minutes til 2nd stage kicks in (even after changing the numbers in Naza). I get 16+ minutes on my Turnigy 4000mah 10C but it did require 2 mods. External wire/battery hook up and slightly enlarging the bottom opening of the battery compartment. Although this post might belong elsewhere, it's related to a post in this section and it is on my FC40.

I do have another 2700mah lipo and forget what brand and it only gives me 12min. Has to be the quality in the lipo cells. I can get 10min easy with the stock DJI 2200mah and I have 2 other 2200mah different brand and only get 8min from those. Maybe it's just luck of the draw???

These things should just come with 2800 lipos to begin with, but I think DJI considers these to be introductory quads and scaled back everything. I see no reason to get a vision with all of the modifications that can be done at low cost with the fc40. I only regret no buying one sooner and trying out so much junk before I got it :D

Guess I'm going to go against the grain a little bit here.
I love the FC40, but....I am starting to regret a little bit not just getting the Plus from the beginning.
The biggest downsides to the 40, IMO, are the reduced range, the shorter flight times, and most of all, the lack of a gimbal and lack of any way to tilt the camera while flying.
Today I was out at the local waterfront park. As usual I was sending it out over the water and I was following some boats and jet skis. Not being able to control the camera angle really makes it hard to track an object.
I would also love the extended video range the more expensive phantom offers.

So now I have a dilemma. Add on to the 40 to get what I want, or bite the bullet and get a plus.

don't regret getting it , but my flight times suck, they sucked the day I got it , and they suck even more now, 2200 =6mins day 1, went with 2700 = 6. tried the 4000 = 7 mins sucks, so I order the other one just for better times, battery comes down with 11.4 after second red. I need help figuring the volt thing. guess im dum as fox :oops:

pert said:
don't regret getting it , but my flight times suck, they sucked the day I got it , and they suck even more now, 2200 =6mins day 1, went with 2700 = 6. tried the 4000 = 7 mins sucks, so I order the other one just for better times, battery comes down with 11.4 after second red. I need help figuring the volt thing. guess im dum as fox :oops:

You using prop guards? Are you balls out on the throttle the whole time?
I gained with all the lipos I use 2200mah to 2700mah about 2min of flight time when I removed my prop guards. I didn't think it would be that much but my timer doesn't lie [emoji1]
2200mah 10-11min
2700mah 13-14min (I had a 15min 1 time)

Now I do 90% of the time fly in Atti mode.

No regrets at all. I have a walkera 2d gimbal, a gopro camera and larger landing skids. With the multistar 4000mah battery I can get 18 min+ with this payload and can fly over 500 meters. The video I produce is stable and jello free and it will take the P2 props (though I'm not a fan). I don't see that paying double the money for a similarly performing craft is worth it. There may be a few techno advantages, waypoint groundstation gibly dibly but I'm not into that stuff anyway. Very happy with the FC40 and I would be looking at upgrading to a hexacopter rather than a P2, when the time comes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4