Any recent exp with p4 on turkish airlines

Reaction score
Any recent first hand experiences of carrying p4 and batteries as hand luggage on Turkish airlines, their website states no lithium batteries in hold or in hand.

Planning a trip to Turmenistan, have not see any drone ban in Turkmenistan , turkish flies there and have a change of flight in Istanbul, with the recent US and UK prohibiting any bigger piece of electronics, is that till valid.

Do let me know if anyone has recent experiences.

Hey Kans,

Do you have any feedback on this? we are off to Turkmenistan on Tuesday and wanted to bring our drone but were worried about it being confiscated.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Seychellian

Hi Seychellian,

Thats nice to hear you guys off to the la d of Turkmen, did you arrange your invite letters thro any agency as we had to get some no obj visa letters.

So the agency guy told me drones are banned, i even told him that i would be flying only in desert areas and he said the entry customs would confiscate it, i cant find any rules online either, sent a few emails to the turkmen embassy and no replies either.

As you are visiting there b4 us, do let us know if there are any such rules.

Hey Kans,

Do you have any feedback on this? we are off to Turkmenistan on Tuesday and wanted to bring our drone but were worried about it being confiscated.

Any information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Seychellian

Hi Seychellian,

Thats nice to hear you guys off to the la d of Turkmen, did you arrange your invite letters thro any agency as we had to get some no obj visa letters.

So the agency guy told me drones are banned, i even told him that i would be flying only in desert areas and he said the entry customs would confiscate it, i cant find any rules online either, sent a few emails to the turkmen embassy and no replies either.

As you are visiting there b4 us, do let us know if there are any such rules.

We organised our own transit visas. Bummer about drone. We probably wont take it given what youve said. Struggling to find definitive info. Will let you know if i learn anything new.

Follow up to this post...

We ended up taking the drone to Turkmenistan. In the customs hall of Ashgabat airport there was multiple signs saying "drones prohibited" (amongst other items). Thankfully we did not get our bags searched but I suspect if had we wouldn't have been allowed to bring it in. I couldn't tell you if they would have confiscated it or they would have sealed it up. I doubt you would risk getting in any trouble beyond having it confiscated but that would certainly be a risk. The customs guy was pretty friendly and as is often the case "stupid tourists" sometimes get a degree of leniency but my advice would be that if you're not willing to risk getting it taken away from you, don't attempt to bring it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav