Any problems with FW update 1.8.10?

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered problems the the firmware update 1.8.10? I have been notified that i need to update, but am very hesitant to do so without knowing the possible consequences.

My update has been going for (1:40) one hour and forty minutes. How long did yours take?

That's funny because I just mentioned in another post that it was REALLY fast, unusually so. Less than two minutes as I recall. Made me think it was just a couple of quick fixes.

It said successful, but I haven't flown since I installed it either.

Odd... let me know how it turns out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just bought a refurbished P3S so I guess it must have had an older firmware. I fired it up last night & it asked me to register & update the firmware. I did this and it seems to be working ok.

I think that with the 1.8.1 it doesnt hover normally. Maybe its more unstable maybe its my idea....

That's funny because I just mentioned in another post that it was REALLY fast, unusually so. Less than two minutes as I recall. Made me think it was just a couple of quick fixes.

It said successful, but I haven't flown since I installed it either.

Odd... let me know how it turns out!

The tablet said that the download was done in about 2 minutes but my PS3 continued to beep for over an hour. The reason that I let it go so long is because i was told to never shut down in the middle of an update. i finally shut everything down and rebooted. Everything has worked so far. When flying yesterday it was a little breezy, but it did not seem as stable in the air as with the previous firmware. Jerked around a lot with a wind between 6 and 8 mph. Altitude about 8 feet.

Since that happened the weather has been unfavorable, and have not been able to retest. I am in Fl, and we have had wind and rain since the last test.

The tablet said that the download was done in about 2 minutes but my PS3 continued to beep for over an hour. The reason that I let it go so long is because i was told to never shut down in the middle of an update. i finally shut everything down and rebooted.

Yes, I can say that happened to me too, sorry I didn't remember to mention that. I only waited about 20 min tho... I trusted that when it said "completed" that it was but I haven't been out for a good flight yet either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl