Any problem bringing Phantom 2 to the US?

Reaction score
I'm going on a trip to US from Sweden and I want to bring my Phantom 2 + H3-3D,
Is there any problems bringing it to US through the security on the airport?
Going to shoot some music videos there.

Anyone that knows anything about this?

Don't want them to take my new Phantom, just bought it yesterday..

don't take this as gospel, but considering they are 100% legal to own and operate in the US I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you enter the country with one. I'd expect probably to be stopped perhaps questioned and maybe even it inspected... but it's not illegal.

I personally have flown many times (US domestic) with my Phantom in a backpack and TSA has never even stopped or swabbed me... other guys around here tell stories of ******* agents harassing them... I guess it's part luck.

There are a number of threads here that talk about travelling with your Phantom.
There hasn't been any issues bringing them into the US, as far as I know. Like QYV said, they are legal here, and they certainly shouldn't take it away.

Some pointers, though: I believe you are limited to the number of LiPo batteries you can pack. That is usually dictated by the airline itself. So check with them. One Phantom battery, charged to 40%-50%, should be perfectly acceptable. If you're carrying 5 or 6, you might have a problem. And keep in mind I believe most US airlines (and it may even be a TSA policy, I can't remember) don't like your extra LiPo's to be in the checked baggage... they need to be in your carry-on. In fact, it's probably best to carry-on your whole set-up and not check it. I might also refrain from travelling with carbon fibre props. No one has specifically stated they've had problems with CF props at security, but I can imagine if TSA wants to make a stink, that's certainly something they could make a stink about.

Jag har sökt en del gällande detta i.o.m att jag planerar att flyga till och inom USA med min Phantom 2 under januari- februari nästa år. Som jag har fattat det så är det vissa saker som du bör tänka på:
Du måste ha den laddad så att du kan visa att den funkar.
Du kan inte ha med obegränsat med batterier. Googla fram svaret då jag inte kommer ihåg exakt hur många du kan ha, antal batterier samt sammanlaga watt-timmar (w/h) påverkar. Antal w/h står på batterierna så du slipper räkna.
Du får inte ha batterier i en incheckad väska utan måste ha dem i ditt handbagage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik