Any possible gimbal damage from flopping around in Sport?

Reaction score
I saw some video footage today showing how the gimbal and camera can flip around in Sport mode. I still view the gimbal (redesigned as it is) as being rather fragile

I see it as a bit concerning , either as short-term or long-term if the possibility of damage exists.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got a link?

Reactions: isopro
Nothing wrong with being flaccid once in a while..

Reactions: storrowdrive
All the way back to the Vision+ if the aircraft tilted beyond a certain point the gimbal went limp. Perhaps in Sport mode during some extreme maneuvers the same thing is happening?

What would happen if a person flew a completely black. not like night time over the valley, for 20 mins with the gimbal lock still on?

That idiot tells me it still works fine but should that person be concerned about something he can't see even if everything seems fine?

What would happen if a person flew a completely black. not like night time over the valley, for 20 mins with the gimbal lock still on?

That idiot tells me it still works fine but should that person be concerned about something he can't see even if everything seems fine?
I know DJI said before that forgetting the Gimbal lock once in a while for low amounts of time would be fine, but if it is kept on for a long time it can damage the circuits, i don't remember if this was about P2V+ or P3. Maybe it detect it now and is safe, maybe not. Msinger can probably answer that question !

Anyone else noticed that the camera body contacts the yaw axis (top of the gimbal) on one corner? I noticed that was the case on both of my P4's. The second P4 seems to be front heavy and the first P4 was back heavy. I'm surprised there can be so much difference from one machine to the next.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl