Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Any point in waiting before buying a P3?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by KevinfromUK, Jul 20, 2015.

1. KevinfromUK

I've got the money to buy a P3 now, but I'll probably not be flying it for a month or so because of work commitments.

Considering the problems some people have been having (cracks, software problems, etc), would it make sense to wait a month before buying one? Thanks.

2. sdharris

If its going to sit gathering dust for a month I wouldn't bother and keep the money in your bank but there is nothing drastically wrong with the Phantom 3 that a decent firmware wouldn't fix so your decision.

3. BenDronePilot

You can get combo deals now with $50 off an extra battery. It's anyone's guess how long that promotion will be running for so it may still be worth ordering now. There's really nothing wrong with the Phantom 3 that should concern you with respect to getting it now. If the body shell were to be redesigned in any way it wont likely be with in that short a time frame. And with respect to firmware it works great with 1.1.9 firmware which is what my new Phantom came with last week. I will not be upgrading the firmware to the 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 versions which have been problematic for many. As long as you do the same thing I wouldn't really worry about Phantom problems.

With all the above said.. DJI seems to be releasing new products roughly every 6 months. If you literally wont be flying for another month which puts you almost into September at that point.. You may very well see a Phantom 3 Plus become available with some enhancements over the current unit by around Christmas time. Along with a price drop in the current unit. A lot of people got messed up when DJI released the Phantom 2 Vision Plus and dropped the price of the original Vision to $1k from $1,200 which killed the reseale value on a Phantom many had purchased only months prior.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

The P3 will never be perfect. None of the old Phantoms are perfect either. Unless you wait for version 2 of the P3 (assuming DJI releases a version 2), the P3 will most likely be the same in one month from now.

There are a lot of good package deals here:
    http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

snowghost likes this.
  5. snowghost

My BMW isn't perfect, nothing is. That's why you just need to enjoy flying and don't monkey around with it.

6. landmannnn

DJI seem to have the Christmas gift marketing thing going based on 2014, it is likely they will keep the latest model as is until early 2016. Maybe wrong though!

7. Dronebow

Get it. You will find a way to work around the work committments and fly it. ;-)

8. DaGunn

Ordering anything from DJI is a waiting game. 30 days will pass by quickly.

9. NimpoCub

According to old posts, folks have been complaining about cracks for over 3 years.
    Waiting one more month??
    The answer that makes more sense to me is don't do any hard flight maneuvers. Take it easy & you'll be fine (I think) :)