Any Phantom 3 Pro owner in PDX area?

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

I have owned a Phantom 2 for a while and recently got a Phantom 3 pro. The video and photos I am getting out of my brand new Phantom 3 Pro look out of focus to me. The possibilities are:

1. This is normal and what I am seeing is about the sharpest I should expect.
2. Camera on my new Phantom is defective.

I would love a chance to fly with someone local who has the same model and compare notes. If you are available, please let me know. I live in the Beaverton are but can drive out to other parts of Portland.

I have also attached a picture I took today from my P3. Notice how the houses closest to the camera are somewhat in focus. But anything that is out a little is blurry. Videos are the same way.
DJI_0014.JPG

Thanks.

Hello there,
I'm in Portland Oregon too.
I have a p3p but my live feed is not working for a reason I don't understand lol.

I called DJI and they asked me to send my brand new quadcopter in for warranty repair. I bought it from Adorama 2 weeks ago, but they would not take it back, telling me that I had to go through DJI warranty service. I guess they are no Amazon. Now I'll have to wait a few weeks for DJI to work on it. :(

Soarnexplore1, your problem could very well be your tablet/phone. Have you tried a different tablet?

I called DJI and they asked me to send my brand new quadcopter in for warranty repair. I bought it from Adorama 2 weeks ago, but they would not take it back, telling me that I had to go through DJI warranty service. I guess they are no Amazon. Now I'll have to wait a few weeks for DJI to work on it. :(

Soarnexplore1, your problem could very well be your tablet/phone. Have you tried a different tablet?
Yes, but still no live feed

Awe man, well I guess it's ok to send in now, since the rain is coming down hard, wouldn't be able to fly right now anyway lol

I live in Oregon City; I have a P3P. Where are you guys finding are the best places to fly?

Not yet. I mainly fly around the neighborhood I live in. I drove out to Netarts, OR and flew on the beach (Awesome). Also flew off the cliff at Cape Meares State Park near the light house. I flew only for a minute or two, as I was afraid i'd lose the drone (Flying off a cliff was nerve racking enough, but then the wind started kicking!)

How about you?

The Vancouver area has a lot of open spaces, much more than Portland. Check out the Camas area too. Up by the Camas Costco there are fields and open spaces. Not much to see out there but good for practice.

I'll hopefully be back in the air in a week or so, too bad I had a nasty crash as I would have liked to get some video of the river height, I'm in West Linn near the Willamette Falls, Guess I'll miss this high water mark.

I just got mine back together, can't wait for the storm to clear so I can get some flood pictures... I have a feeling these will be somewhat historic. I live right across from Willamette Falls and they are more like rapids than falls right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj