Any p3a issues after 1.9.6 update ?

Reaction score
Hear some people have lost flight range after updating to this firmware. Anyone had this or other problems ?

Dear Mark

Some people having range issue with 1.9.6 and the other's not... I bough P3A last month and decided to stay with fw 1.8.8

Last week I put my P3A on range test, hit 4.4km before RTH kick-in

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Tapatalk

ca0f09cf5fe821c96df2685ece7dab87.jpg

ca0f09cf5fe821c96df2685ece7dab87.jpg

I am not sure what the firmware of the phantom was (did not check before upgrade)
It was only bought last week, I know I had to upgrade it all including rc and that was on the last version.
Was thinking of downgrading it because of rumours with range and restricted zones

As soon as I upgraded to 1.9.6 it said I was in a restricted zone sat in my living room about 20 miles from the nearest airport or anything I thought was restricted.

I assume I was on the firmware before 1.9.6 but not sure

I am not sure what the firmware of the phantom was (did not check before upgrade)
It was only bought last week, I know I had to upgrade it all including rc and that was on the last version.
Was thinking of downgrading it because of rumours with range and restricted zones

As soon as I upgraded to 1.9.6 it said I was in a restricted zone sat in my living room about 20 miles from the nearest airport or anything I thought was restricted.

I assume I was on the firmware before 1.9.6 but not sure
I put 1.9.6 onto my P3A yesterday and it refuses to fly in the 2 areas I used to go to because they are now restricted.

Frustratingly, my house and the parkland at the back of my home (2 football pitches, plus a separate rugby pitch AND cricket ground) are all in a red restricted zone in the new software because a high-security prison is approx. 1Km away.

If I move outside this area so I was around 0.5Km away from the restricted zone, my entire city is then inside an authorization zone that seems to centre around a large football stadium and the radius on it looks to be a good 8-10Km.

In my city at least, with the new software, my P3A become a paperweight overnight. I'm downgrading the firmware once I have time later today.

Edit: Looking on DJI's Geo Unlock site here doesn't paint a very good picture for flight in the south of the UK where I live, there's almost nowhere that isn't covered by red or yellow circles.

I put 1.9.6 onto my P3A yesterday and it refuses to fly in the 2 areas I used to go to because they are now restricted.

Frustratingly, my house and the parkland at the back of my home (2 football pitches, plus a separate rugby pitch AND cricket ground) are all in a red restricted zone in the new software because a high-security prison is approx. 1Km away.

If I move outside this area so I was around 0.5Km away from the restricted zone, my entire city is then inside an authorization zone that seems to centre around a large football stadium and the radius on it looks to be a good 8-10Km.

In my city at least, with the new software, my P3A become a paperweight overnight. I'm downgrading the firmware once I have time later today.

Edit: Looking on DJI's Geo Unlock site here doesn't paint a very good picture for flight in the south of the UK where I live, there's almost nowhere that isn't covered by red or yellow circles.
I just downgraded to 1.8 from 1.9.6 all seems OK but have not flown it yet. Only thing I noticed was that before my upgrade to 1.9.6 it said it needed to upgrade rc, aircraft, battery and camera but now I've gone back to 1.8 it only says it needs an aircraft upgrade.

Seems as if the battery, camera keeps the newer firmware.

I also left the rc on 1.6 instead of going back to 1.5.8 not sure if this will have any effect on range

I just downgraded to 1.8 from 1.9.6 all seems OK but have not flown it yet. Only thing I noticed was that before my upgrade to 1.9.6 it said it needed to upgrade rc, aircraft, battery and camera but now I've gone back to 1.8 it only says it needs an aircraft upgrade.

Seems as if the battery, camera keeps the newer firmware.

I also left the rc on 1.6 instead of going back to 1.5.8 not sure if this will have any effect on range
FYI that if you are on 1.8 or 1.9 on your AC, you MUST have 1.6 (or later when it's released) on your RC. If you had downgraded to 1.5 on your RC, you would have had issues. 1.8 AC / 1.6 RC were released together with an encryption change.

Reactions: JoBe
FYI that if you are on 1.8 or 1.9 on your AC, you MUST have 1.6 (or later when it's released) on your RC. If you had downgraded to 1.5 on your RC, you would have had issues. 1.8 AC / 1.6 RC were released together with an encryption change.
Not sure what the a/c version was but originally the remote was 1.5.8.

I downgraded the a/c to 1.8 but left the remote on 1.6 as it seemed to be working fine

Simply turn GEO off in the settings. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: geekl33tgamer
Simply turn GEO off in the settings. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
X2 I have GEO off and it still shows restricted areas but doesn't stop you from flying.

Also did 4.69 miles yesterday on new FW no issues still had full bars for whole flight on P3A W/Note4.

Thanks tcope, I didn't know there was an option to simply disable it. Has that always been there?

Going to roll back to 1.8 as I have been getting gps/compass errors since update which were not there before.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic