Any other choice for on-board camera (P2V)

I have had much experience with the Sony RX100 and can tell you the quality is phenomenal! At the same time, I am getting quite satisfactory quality with my on-board P2V camera - publishable quality. There's a video floating around about a fellow who attached a Sony RX100 to his UAV and promptly crashed it into the sea. Bye bye UAV and Sony RX100.
Great Pumpkin

Great Pumpkin said:
I have had much experience with the Sony RX100 and can tell you the quality is phenomenal! At the same time, I am getting quite satisfactory quality with my on-board P2V camera - publishable quality. There's a video floating around about a fellow who attached a Sony RX100 to his UAV and promptly crashed it into the sea. Bye bye UAV and Sony RX100.
Great Pumpkin
The only reason that happened is because he ignored every bit of published instruction and industry/community guidance and was trying to control the camera via WiFi while running 2.4ghz control. And he did his first flight in the field over water with no test flight at all. It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I think you can safely attach relatively expensive equipment to a phantom safely and reliably, you just have to use a little common sense!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj