any one know how to fix orintation thats off?

Reaction score
Noticed tonight. With my phantom vision in the way points app. That the direction my phantom is pointing is about 20 degrees off from the direction shown on the map. If I have the nose pointing directly north the icon points to north east. if pointing east its showing as faceing about south east etc etc.

So some thing is telling me my phantom is off on the direction it thinks it facing and was wondering if any one knew if there is a way to correct it. So its closer to showing the right direction its really facing. IMU an compass are calibrated right and have a brand new gps in it and the compass on the leg seems to be in the right orientation. Even tho I would not be able to know if not on the way point app Im thinking this could still cause me some problems even when not flying with the way points if for instance it thinks its heading home but off 20 degrees or so. and cant seem to figure out if its the gps how that can get corrected being the gps only installed and screws in on way. The compass on the other hand seems like maybe I could just turn it some on the leg til its right.

So if any one has any pointers or have had this issue would be much appreciated.

Ill try doing the compass dance again while inside my house. When I did it last night I was outside and usually for some reason at least with my fc40's doing it out side seems to always throw my compass off a bit. and get a lot of circuling drifting when hovering and can only get it nuts on when I do it in side my house. I have no ideal why it is tho other then maybe high iron or other minerals in the soil or some thing.

I noticed today tho when I did a mock test flight with the props off in the way point ap the plain icon was crooked till I ran the programed flight and then when the motors started the icon turned and faced the right direction. Till I turned it off and came back inside. and lost my gps then it went crooked again.

dang still doing it even after a compass dance inside or out and its still the same. BUT I'm starting to think its maybe the phone and its orientation being off and whacked out some how. because when I was in my back yard today a few times with the phantom on the ground and walking around the yard in different spots with the phone and the transmitter. It would show it was facing closer to the right direction on the map. BUT some times my map on the phone would turn and be way off. Some times as much as a full 90 degrees. even in Google earth with the vision app closed it was not exactly right either. Tried calibrating the phones orientation sensor but it seems to only to it for orientating levelness and not pitch or direction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl