any one ever use a Vortex-x brand of batterys?

Reaction score
wondering if any one else had ever tried using a VortexX D4G 2200mAh 3S 30C Max 60C 11.1V XT60 LIPO PACK RC BATTERY
RC03332.jpg

and if so did they suck the big one like the one I just got? I figured Id try one being it was pretty cheap at $16US shipped and the specs looked pretty decent.
Capacity: 2200Mah
Cells: 3S
Volts : 11.1V
Continuous discharge rate :30C
Max discharge rate : 60C
Max charging rate : 5C
With connector: XT60
Apply : for Aircraft , Helicopter

Our battery Features:
· Excellent high discharge rate.
· Extra-low internal impedance.
· For maximum discharge performance in high-rate discharge.
· Discharge in high-temperture.
· Low self-discharge
· Long cycle life and High quality

OH WOW what a wasted $16 that turned out to be. I had it fully charged and got 8mins of easy not to hard flight time out of it in my fFC40 and then it did a death drop like a rock luckily I was just hovering a few feet off the ground. and when I un hooked the battery it was freaking 8.7 volts yikes! so no dam way that thing is really a 2200mah being I checked it just before I popped in in the phantom and it was at 12.63v when I started and I then tested out a Turnigy 2200mah 2200mah lipo battery and got a lil over 12 mins out of it and it was at 9.9 volts by the time I landed it.

So Im wondering if any one else has has simuler bad flight times from the vortex x batterys????? at 8 mins from a good full charge I dont even want to chance flying it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers