Any One Else tried this.

Reaction score
I found it a lot easier to put my iPad 2 on a tripod and connect the RC to that. Will test it out tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Attachments

• File Sep 25, 4 29 57 PM.jpeg
    File Sep 25, 4 29 57 PM.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 446
Not for me, as I like to move around too much while I fly. Mobility.
Sometimes I go for a walk, needing a better angle to see the bird, or to get out from behind extra tall trees, which may hinder my LOS.
There are other reasons for me to be mobile. I couldn't be tethered to an office desk for work either. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Not to mention an extra $30.00 I shelled out, to acquire an awesome Inspire 1 device holder. Built to provide a welcome death grip for securing the exensve iPad Air 2. The device holder of which @dji Could have included with the Phantom 3 Pro' kit incidentally. But I do digress, what kind of a tripod would $30.00 buy us today? Hehe

RedHotPoker

Right, I should have noticed this, while looking closer at the pic that was posted. You have the standard stock device holder. Those are insufficient and not nearly enough gripping power, let alone how it seems to be so weakly attached to the radio controller itself. It's definitely a concern with multiple threads and several keen methods of tightening it down more firmly. Ah, but it seems inferior and a waste of good plastic. Plastic you know, they could have used to thicken those weak screw pockets, quite prone to cracking, on some random Phantom shell bodies.

RedHotPoker

The one I got it installed on, the Inspire 1 tablet holder is solid. MUCH better than the stock plastic one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj