Any one else Pissed off with DJI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
panhygrous pantler said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
had my phantom a good few months and already met my fair share of *** holes.

I think you brought it on yourself.

viewtopic.php?t=10163
Lol well I met a good few people from that video actually, In this comunity.

Rushinready ...... just ignore pantyhose panties .... he knows a lot about assholes being a bit of a fly himself.
And you know what flys do and eat ......

Flyer91 said:
Rushinready ...... just ignore pantyhose panties .... he knows a lot about assholes being a bit of a fly himself.

Classic dimwit but still very funny (in a "laughing at 'Flyer91's idiocy' kind of way").

panhygrous pantler said:
Flyer91 said:

Classic dimwit but still very funny (in a "laughing at 'Flyer91's idiocy' kind of way").

C'mon guys, keep it civil.

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I love it as allot of people put me down lick dji's *** make me out to be a fool when in reality its there plain and simple,

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

page three

Are you sure that you are not misunderstanding the purpose of the change to the firmware? My understanding was that it was to fix the problem of bouncing when the Phantom auto-lands itself, not to spin down the motors for you when you land it manually. On a manual landing it doesn't know that it is on the ground, and so if you release the sticks it will try to hover at ground level. That is asking for trouble and if it then crashes it really is pilot error.

sar104 said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I love it as allot of people put me down lick dji's *** make me out to be a fool when in reality its there plain and simple,

page three

Are you sure that you are not misunderstanding the purpose of the change to the firmware? My understanding was that it was to fix the problem of bouncing when the Phantom auto-lands itself,

I am 100% sure that he doesn't understand what the firmware update does.

Rushnready, I have to agree with the majority on this one. The autoland sequence that triggers on FS or LV runs a specific loop to see if the Phantom has hit the ground. This is a very controlled situation with a specific endpoint, and user input is greatly limited or eliminated for it to happen. In regular flight mode, the Phantom doesn't know you're trying to land, versus merely descend, and it has no obstacle detection capability so it can't tell if you've landed or if you just got hit by a gust of wind or bounced off a wall/tree. Its default is to continue to fly and attempt to maintain attitude.

The only way you trigger the landing detection is if you hold down the throttle to zero, and its barometer registers no change in altitude after three seconds. In your video, you land, do not disarm your motors, and let the throttle spring back to mid-point. The Phantom still thinks it is flying, and applies throttle in an attempt to hover. Being on the ground interferes with this detection and the attitude sensors in the IMU, and it tips over trying to correct for the abnormal condition. This can't really be called bug or fault in the flight controller.

The takeaway rule from all of this: When you're on the ground, disarm the motors. Either perform CSC immediately, or hold the throttle to zero for three seconds. Do not let the motors continue to spin and assume it will stay down or shut itself off!

Does this help shed some light on what was happening in your video?

Khudson7 said:
Thanks CarlJ, that was exactly my intent. I sincerely apologize to the op if I jumped to a wrong conclusion. I meant no offence. I did not believe the op was expressing himself very well, perhaps because of the anger involved and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

If you think that ver. 3 is causing all your problems, them maybe you could try reverting back to ver. 2 and wait for DJI to clean up their latest version. I totally agree with you that it appears the newest version based on what others have reported, seems to be buggy for some people(and I know some others have reported no problems with it).

Anyway, I hope you are able to work it out. And as CarlJ said, just buy some new props(it is cheaper than litigation).

Oh pshaw, twas nothing. My vast répertoire of asshatery lead me to conclude that you're just a nice guy. There was no lunge at the jugular that is so reminiscent of the typical forum troll. :lol:

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
lol thanks for making my laugh, just some people in this community can be right pompous pricks thinking they no it all when they really don't that is all. had my phantom a good few months and already met my fair share of *** holes , but on the other hand you do find some people who understand and care which i am grateful of.

Glad to help, and I agree about some of the people being pricks, but I can assure you that the Mods that are posting here trying to help you are some of the most sane ones. They are giving you good advice, we all have things to learn in this hobby, but you can't learn if you won't listen.

Please listen to them, consider their advise, and good luck.

LuvMyTJ said:
The bouncing that refers to looks like this video. Is this what your getting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO-CGEy688

Thats not what it refers to at all considering it says bounce effect AFTER LANDING thanks for pointing it out though some one has said this in the past. now if 7 was fixed bounce effect on the auto landing then yeah i would be right with you but it clearly states AFTER LANDING

panhygrous pantler said:
OI Photography said:
LuvMyTJ said:
The bouncing that refers to looks like this video. Is this what your getting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaO-CGEy688

+1

As mentioned, I don't believe the problem DJI addressed in that firmware is the one you're experiencing (based on your description), but you're determined that it is. Can you provide any video of the behavior you're thinking should be cleared up?

This is the example video posted earlier. This looks like pilot error i.e not doing a CSC after landing vs. bouncing during auto-land.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didAxu825lE[/youtube]
This is not pilot error at all i would love for you all to get off your high horses and see what i am saying..... Right this landing was bad becuase the gains were all out hence the movement. Now as number 7 in the release notes clearly state 7 Stops the bouncing effect AFTER LANDING how can you all be so stupid and ignorant. Can you not read AFTER LANDING not auto land i landed it on that video and i would normaly cut motors out straight away to stop it from taking off and bouncing but the firm ware for the last times states FIXED THE BOUNCE EFFECT AFTER here it is again AFTER and one more time for you AFTER LANDING .... no pilot error here at all. Can not believe how sad you all are (bar a good few) not noticing this or seeing what it actually saying and supposed to have done AFTER LANDING Thats clear enough unless you cnt admit your wrong

sar104 said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:

page three

Are you sure that you are not misunderstanding the purpose of the change to the firmware? My understanding was that it was to fix the problem of bouncing when the Phantom auto-lands itself, not to spin down the motors for you when you land it manually. On a manual landing it doesn't know that it is on the ground, and so if you release the sticks it will try to hover at ground level. That is asking for trouble and if it then crashes it really is pilot error.
Ok look i am goign to give you a quick engllish lesson number seven in the 2.0 release notes clearly states

7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed (RIGHT HERE IT IS AFTER LANDING) CAN ANY ONE ELSE READ THAT AFTER BIT I CAN NO ONE ELSE SEE IT OR UNDERSTAND IT I WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY OFF YOU ALL WHO DOUBTED ME. YOU GUYS NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL

straight form here

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
sar104 said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:

page three

Ok look i am goign to give you a quick engllish lesson number seven in the 2.0 release notes clearly states

7. Fixed the bouncing problems after landed (RIGHT HERE IT IS AFTER LANDING) CAN ANY ONE ELSE READ THAT AFTER BIT I CAN NO ONE ELSE SEE IT OR UNDERSTAND IT I WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY OFF YOU ALL WHO DOUBTED ME. YOU GUYS NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL

straight form here

You are still either missing or ignoring the point - what we are all suggesting is that you have misunderstood the release notes. Yes - they refer to bouncing after landing, but did you bother even to read the explanations for why that reference is to auto landing rather than manual landing, before starting another angry rant about how stupid we are? You do realize that those are quite different, don't you, and yet you have offered no explanation for how you expect the device to realize when you return the throttle to centered after descending that you are not issuing a hover instruction.

Either way, if you are not interested in listening to any point of view that differs from your own then your original question was rhetorical and this thread is pointless. And next time try at least to write in English and check your spelling and punctuation before offering "engllish" lessons.

Topic locked, this is getting out of hand. OP, feel free to PM me or another mod if you'd like it re-opened, but we'll be watching to make sure it doesn't devolve into a circus. Disagreements and spirited debates are STRONGLY encouraged, but only if we can all keep it civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl