Any one also fly the Hubsan X4?

Reaction score
I have flown Phantoms, F450, F550 and now the Hubsan X4 micro copter, http://www.amazon.com/Hubsan-H107-L...&qid=1407974239&sr=8-1&keywords=the+hubsan+x4. It is an amazing little thing! It is less than 40 dollars here in the states including the transmitter. I have been doing flips with it, what a blast. My question is when it is in "Expert" mode is that simillar to flying a Phantom in manual mode or more like Atti mode?

I have the Hubsan X4 and the Estes Proto X Nano.

I think I spend like 80% my battery time trimming them than actual flying. :lol:

I'm so used to getting spoiled with GPS mode.. but indeed it's great practice just in case GPS goes out!

Also my family finds the size difference going from the nano to the phantom pretty hilarious. :lol:

Mic Bergsma had a pretty nice video on these. :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-EBJUspiU[/youtube]

I don't spend my time trimming It, I just move the controls a lot! I can keep it in a pretty good hover. Maybe I should try trimming. I do calibrate it every time I move it which takes all of 15 seconds. Nice video

jimandsue60 said:
My question is when it is in "Expert" mode is that simillar to flying a Phantom in manual mode or more like Atti mode?
The X4's expert mode is kind of in between manual and atti. When the Phantom is in manual mode, pushing the sticks to the extremes will cause it to roll or flip. The Hubsan has a max tilt angle unless you initiate the auto flip.

Thanks Mike, the modes sound pretty similar. I will choose my modes carefully and try to fly with a soft bed of grass below when I put my 550 on manual!

I've been flying Hubsan X4 quads for nearly a year and never bother trimming. i'm just always on the sticks. Once you get the hang of flying these things, it's a real blast. I remember when I finally got the knack of flying "nose in." These are very cool little quads. :D

-slinger

The x4 only has ATTI mode. The expert mode simply allow more max tilt angle. There is an auto Flipp feature but that is more of a gimmic rather than a true flight mode. If you want true manual practice, get a blade nano, the has manual mode in addition to Atti hi/low tilt.

**** you lot, I just ordered 1 :) :cool:

Cyclone said:
**** you lot, I just ordered 1 :) :cool:

I started out with the Hubsan X4, soon added the guts of a 808#16 camera to it (joint battery and no case) and could film for 3 minutes at a time :) There is a Hubsan X4 with 720p camera now (H107HDC-SR / H107HDC-SG), which I am seriously considering buying, just to do fun videos with less risk of injury to the people involved :) Also, the batteries are dirt cheap if you get them from China or Hong Kong (and have the patience to wait for them to arrive).

Original Hubsan X4 with stripped 808#16 camera:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRxVbcSthQ[/youtube]

I didnt realise they did one with a hd camera. The video quality doesnt look too bad either.

Cyclone said:
I didnt realise they did one with a hd camera. The video quality doesnt look too bad either.

That's the Hubsan X4 H107C. The video really isn't bad, but there's obviously no gimbal and the little micros tend to bounce around a bit... Very cool, nonetheless. I've had mine for a month or two and I use it often...

-slinger

Cyclone said:

There are two camera models (x4). One is a lower end and they have a 2mp model which is not bad at all. It is not stabilized video so be prepared for that. They are a blast and are very fast for their size. I have the 2mp camera model and the one without.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj