Any new tablet advice for P4

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten deader than a horse and I know there are some DJI recommended list as well as anywhere on the web. Some claim to be updated daily and some are over a year old.

My question is this: (www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-8-16gb-smoky-titanium/5000029.p?skuId=5000029), https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-8-16gb-smoky-titanium/5000029.p?skuId=5000029. I'm not sure if the link works but it's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" 16GB.

Shouldn't this little baby work or should I buy it, try it and take it back with perhaps a wrecked drone which I obviously don't want to do.

I live in a very rural area north of Houston, 77331 zip btw, and my Galaxy S7 Edge phone has been perfect. I just want something bigger and prefer under $200? I might also be able to get for free a new LG GPad 8.0 that is on the Pilot's list but not DJI's.

Any thought on either or both?

Many Thanks in Advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Reactions: Mxh666
I was using the Galaxy TAB A 8 inch with wifi & cellular with my P3P. It does work fine, but to get it to connect, I had to restart the tablet a few times so it connected to the aircraft camera. Apart from that, it was ok. a little lag in video feed, but nothing to worry about.

Lat week a purchased a iPad Mini 4 and after some initial probs connecting, it now connects straight away.

i bought the nvidea shield.........dont use it anymore because it keeps dropping out......now back to my trusty ipad air 1
My Nvida Shield K1 works great with DJI or Litchi. Can pick them up cheap if refurbished.

Nexus 7 (latest version) all OK. Cheap and reliable(and recommended)

Mine has been great, at least up until now. I haven't used it for a while, pulled it out this weekend and updated Go and now I'm getting lots of black bars and boxes on my video feed. Haven't investigated much yet, I hope Go hasn't finally outstripped it's CPU power. Been a great tablet otherwise.

Mine has been great, at least up until now. I haven't used it for a while, pulled it out this weekend and updated Go and now I'm getting lots of black bars and boxes on my video feed. Haven't investigated much yet, I hope Go hasn't finally outstripped it's CPU power. Been a great tablet otherwise.
I got the same thing yesterday. Green and black bars all over the screen. I don't know what happened.

If you don't mind going to a larger tablet, I use a 10.5" Samsung Galaxy Tab S. It's a couple of years old, but the specs are fantastic. I had to buy an extender to make it fit on the controller, but it is bright and has wonderful resolution.

Currently running Zen pad Z 500 M
with no problems or the spam were that Samsung loads on and you can't get rid of or shut down

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94