Any motorcyclists in here?

It's not WHAT you ride... it's THAT you ride...
Anyway, I've had my P3P in a DJI hard case in the Tour-Pak (that's the trunk for you non-Harley guys) of my 2014 Ultra Limited many times. Survived the trips just fine.

Bingo.

Reactions: Numone
When our local SpYder owners~friends and whoever meet for a rYde, there are numbers of other bikes, makes, sizes, manufacturers, and people that come out to join us. No one has ever bad mouthed or dissed anyone else's choices of bike, trike hog, or wheel barrow for that matter. So I'm am a bit stumped & mildly surprised by some of the "friendly banter" in this thread. Can we all just get along people, and ride what ever we individually like? I'm sorry I chose a Canadian brand over American iron or another super fine Japanese crotch rocket.
& Does it really matter whether you/he/them wear leather or denim? Hahaha, we aren't in a fashion show. ;-)

RedHotPoker
I have to agree that we all ride for the same reason and i do respect anyone who rides anything but i keep telling my wife that her 2009 Spyder GS has one wheel too many

Reactions: Lefty63
IMG_2880.JPG I have a P3 Pro as well now and carry them both in the same way.

I've been carrying a P3A to flying sites in the DJI hard backpack on the rear seat of my BMW R1200GS since mid 2015. Never an issue!

I've read five pages of this and I can't remember what the original question was :)

Oh yeah, Honda CB 1300 and Backpack here, absolutely zero issues with vibration, rain might be a different story..

I can see a strong correlation between motorcycling and the appeal of flying, I'm not at all surprised that motorcyclists are well represented in this flying hobby thang.

Cruisin the roads and the Skies since ages ago :rolleyes:

Has anyone been transporting their P3 on motorcycle?

I was thinking it would be a good way to combine hobbies and give me a destination for afternoon rides.

I am just a bit concerned that a twin cylinder might vibrate too much for the electronic sensors
in the P3.

I put mine in a cheap phantom backpack I got of eBay for £20,it came with a rain cover too. Off to the coast next week on my blade to do some filming

I have mine in a tank bag on a CBR 1000 Fireblade that is off it's face and I have never had any drama at all.
Being a V-twin will not cause any issues for you at all bud, just gotta make sure that you secure it properly and that it is not allowed to move around at all.

All the best.

I have a Road Glide, saddle bags only, no tour-pak. I have a DJI hard-shell backpack that I have ridden with two ways: strapped onto my back or secured on the rear luggage rack. I'm more comfortable riding with Phantom on the rack, but I suspect the Phantom is more comfortable riding b1tch on my back...

I do long distance trips for days at a time, so I get concerned about all that banging around and jostling the P3 has to take if its on the rack, but I did 1200 miles with it like that, and she still fly's great.

Thanks DrJoe. I have an 1800 twin Honda. Fastening to the rack or sissy bar would be my preference.
Like you. I don't want to make riding uncomfortable just to take the P3.

Reactions: DrJoe
Here, here!

<--- Not like my garb doesn't give me away! LOL

Out on the trail last week looking for Phantom flying spots. This is off of Chrome Avenue in Miami. I use a Lowepro DroneGuard CS400 backpack.

20160409_144323.jpg

20160406_183020.jpg

Attachments

• 20160409_144323.jpg
    20160409_144323.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 238
Reactions: moto_jw and Jtrjr
I have a P3 Advanced now after getting experience with many flights from a lightly used P1. I just have a black backpack type case from eBay. Cost about $60 and cutouts fit the P1 and P3A perfectly and I carry 3 batteries, set of filters, 12v charger, extended range antennas, controller of course and extra set of CF props. I also have room for the nVidia K1 tablet and the foldable sun shield for that. In a net like back pocket I have a strap from one of my JR or Specter radios and some documentation and pencils and pads to take down information.

Now all of that fits perfectly on the back seat and between the fold down arm rest of my BMW K1200LT. I have an adjustable strap that wraps across the middle and attaches to the top box for security.

I don't have to worry about vibration as with the bikes 4 cylinder boxer type engine the isn't any vibration at all.

As posted here before, it is easy to be able to pull up to a nice place you've found and be shooting in about 5 minutes. Also, from a bike it seems that you see more great places than from a cage (car). I charge batteries while in route when needed. I like the setup and ease of removal.

I have a P3 Advanced now after getting experience with many flights from a lightly used P1. I just have a black backpack type case from eBay. Cost about $60 and cutouts fit the P1 and P3A perfectly and I carry 3 batteries, set of filters, 12v charger, extended range antennas and extra set of CF props. I also have room for the nVidia K1 tablet and the foldable sun shield for that. In a net like back pocket I have a strap from one of my JR or Specter radios and some documentation and pencils and pads to take down information.

Now all of that fits perfectly on the back seat and between the fold down arm rest of my BMW K1200LT. I have an adjustable strap that wraps across the middle and attaches to the top box for security.

I don't have to worry about vibration as with the bikes 4 cylinder boxer type engine the isn't any vibration at all.

As posted here before, it is easy to be able to pull up to a nice place you've found and be shooting in about 5 minutes. Also, from a bike it seems that you see more great places than from a cage (car). I charge batteries while in route when needed. I like the setup and ease of removal.

Has anyone been transporting their P3 on motorcycle?

I was thinking it would be a good way to combine hobbies and give me a destination for afternoon rides.

I am just a bit concerned that a twin cylinder might vibrate too much for the electronic sensors
in the P3.

I put the original box insert into the trunk on an '09 Electraglide. It fits, with room for extra stuff and everything seems fine before and after.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik