Any modders please confirm what i need to purchase for FPV?

Reaction score
Thank you for reading, and potentially helping me here.
im looking at this for $550: Phantom 2 vision +. Does not include camera & gimbal. It does have brand new two axis Gimbal for GoPro camera's (GoPro 2, 3, 3+, 4).

The seller states " As this is a vision 2 plus, it is equipped with FPV, however, I have not wired this one as I am not sure of the connections. I think you just need an FPV Hub ($12.95) I do know that Spytech carries a custom USB cable to make the A/V connection from the GoPro clone ($8.95). "

I have a gopro 4 silver. so.. im wondering.. is this true that it would cost little to get FPV working with my gopro and ipad/android device?
Based on the infrmation at hand, is more than a hub and cable needed?

included the following is:

Prop Guards
Two Axis Gimbal
Phantom 2V+ Tx/Rx with Range Extender.
Set of four Props
Extra Pair of Landing Gear
Smart Charger
Smart 3S Lipo Battery
Original accessories
Latest Firmware Updates already completed

Re: Any modders please confirm what i need to purchase for F

Run Forrest, Run.......

Seriously, Sounds like a crash and broken camera and gimble....have you seen it or is it an online sale....

What are the specs on the gimbal?

No ive seen it.. its in new shape.. i checked body & props for scuffs and its clean. ive flown it. its solid.
but do not want it without FPV, hence the questioning. :)

oh..and on the gimble, i would plan to replace that with a gopro gimble, as this one is a cheap 2-axis amazon special.
but even if it was without gimble, is he correct i would only need the hub and cable? assuming of course, that everything i mentioned is fact...

You will not need the FPV hub if you use the built-in wifi module. The hub is only if you use DJI's 5.8 Ghz transmitter, which you can't use unless you replace your controller and receiver (for 2.4Ghz versions).

Thank you for that info Cityzen. As im totally new to quads (and RC) in general, im trying to wrap my head around the nomenclature.
How does one use the the built in wifi?
you dont mean have the gopro wifi connect to the phantom, do you?
the links you have sent me are talking about ribbon replacement, and so far through the 5 pages im reading, nothing seems to be determined... still reading though and hoping the phrasing begins to take form...
But so far it seems like i would be much better off with the original gimble base board... which i dont have.

Edit: "The original gimbal base was also still in place and allowed telemetry data to be seen on the App"
yeah.. so without the original base.. no telemetry? hmmm.. ugh...

Edit 2: Ok... getting warm again: "If you have no gimbal top board, - it is also ok. In fact, top gimbal board is needed just as a "transit" for powering a wifi module. I mean, 12v+ power line go from the phantom body to the gimbal, and from the gimbal to a wifi module back. Btw, it is great source of EMI. I have no idea, why DJI engineers powered a wifi module with such a "genial" way. "

Well.. it appears that i can get video with little work... but no telemetry.
And i wouldnt fly this with out telemetry. sigh.. oh well..
Thanks for trying Cityzen... I both Appreciate the educational links and your time!

Folks are still investigating how to get telemetry without the gimbal board.

But of course, you could just purchase an iosD and get telemetry that way.

So let me get this right...

If I connect the cables as per diagram below, will re-route power to the wifi correct?

how%20to%20connect%20camera%20to%20dji%20phantom%202%20vision%20plus%20without%20dji%20gimbal.jpg

Then purchase a cable like below, and this will give us video via the gopro with missing telemetry.

Gopro%20usb%20vid%20cable.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-USB-Conn ... 258c7ea10d

And then hook up mini-IOSD without having to use the canbus like z10m has, this will give us telemetry correct? Wouldn't this be an overlay over an overlay? Or do we need to purchase a PV2 canbus and FPV to intercept all vid signals as an overlay.

IOSD%20rewire.jpg

Below is the canbus that's on the phantom 2.

Canbus.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=18549&p=273504#p273504

And will the tilt work with the zenmuse h3-3d by using the supplied molex cable from the PV2 nonvision? Or do we have to hack 2 wires off the gimbal port to enable tilt..

And then if enable the wifi on the gopro, I can then take photos via another phone with the gopro app?

So many questions..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl