Any maintenance required?

Reaction score
New to the forum, been flying my P3P about two weeks now. Was wondering if there is any service or maintenance required before repeated flys? Seems sketchy to just take it up time after time without any service or routine checks. School me please. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any aircraft would warrant visual inspections before and after every flight for issues. I inspect battery compartment (inside for obvious issues, burns, loose parts etc), props, motor arms, motors, and give the whole aircraft a once over.

I do like most folk, do a close visual inspection, hand turn motors/check prop tightness then kick the tires and light the fires.......

I agree visual inspections are a must. So other than that and making sure firmware is up to date, just let her fly, huh? What about props, do they need changed after so many hours?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Other then what Al mentioned, I'd say about the only maintenance is to maintain the batteries correctly:

Charge fully before flight. Store at 30% - 40%. Every 20 cycles discharge to 8%.

Reactions: BigAl07
Once a month I do a very thorough inspection. I wipe the whole aircraft down with a very mildly moist cloth and push/pull on several parts looking for looseness and/or cracks. At this time I also cycle each battery through the aircraft, power ON, and note all battery stats from the DJI Go Ap. I then make detailed notes on needs for a DEEP discharge/cycle and act accordingly.

I log the battery details, maintenance details and any changes/repairs needed and completed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers