Any Litchi Gurus out there that can help?

Reaction score
I included this screenshot of a Mission that failed to execute today here:

Ni2o8w0.png

I understand that the distance between any 2 Waypoints can't be greater than 2000 meters in 3D (According to the Litchi PDF). Today I tried to execute a mission where my P3A would simply fly to my friends house and land in his front yard. I figured if I split the Mission into 2 Waypoints, each less than 2000 meters, that this would suffice with Litchi. However, I could not get the mission to execute due to Waypoint distance errors.

I checked the DJI GO app and Max Distance is disabled.

Thanks!

What was the error message? Have you asked Litchi support (I somehow prefer their FB page for support)?

Security Check Required

Thank you. I will try Facebook. I forgot to screen-record so I (stupidly) lost track of the errors. I am positive it was about Distance/Waypoints, though. I tried several times to execute the Mission and it would not budge.

I forgot to screen-record so I (stupidly) lost track of the errors. I am positive it was about Distance/Waypoints, though. I tried several times to execute the Mission and it would not budge.

I recently had a similar error. The error message was only visible briefly so I could't take a screen capture of it while taking care of the AC.

...In DJI GO app I had just failed to override the max distance (doh!) and there was a rounding error in the max altitude reported to Litchi (switching from 120m to 110m fixed that)...

I recently had a similar error. The error message was only visible briefly so I could't take a screen capture of it while taking care of the AC.

...In DJI GO app I had just failed to override the max distance (doh!) and there was a rounding error in the max altitude reported to Litchi (switching from 120m to 110m fixed that)...

You override it just by turning it off, right? Mine was off. :( That's the first thing I checked.

Why don't you just add more waypoints in the mission? Seems like a simple fix to me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Soup
Litchi on Facebook finally got back to me. He said it's a bug in the DJI firmware. It has something to do with having it set to Land at the last WP and the way the firmware misinterprets that at a certain distance. He said if you set WP's to come back home that it would execute. And he was right. That fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: matti
it's a bug in the DJI firmware. It has something to do with having it set to Land at the last WP and the way the firmware misinterprets that at a certain distance.

Thanks for the info. It would be nice if there was a list of known bugs and limitations.

Speaking of Litchi, I have a question... Are you only able to set waypoints by using the map? Or can you manually fly to all the places you want to set as waypoints and then tell Litchi to go back and run that program?

Basically, I'm asking if it has the same functionality as the DJI app. But I'm hoping Litchi app has more options like speed control along the way, smoothing out corners, etc.

Speaking of Litchi, I have a question... Are you only able to set waypoints by using the map? Or can you manually fly to all the places you want to set as waypoints and then tell Litchi to go back and run that program?

Basically, I'm asking if it has the same functionality as the DJI app. But I'm hoping Litchi app has more options like speed control along the way, smoothing out corners, etc.

Yes. I have my C2 set to Waypoint at Aircraft. You can alternatively set it to Waypoint at Controller if you'd like to walk it first and rough it out.

As far as Waypoints and automation, Litchi is light years beyond DJI GO. For just every day noodling around, though, I often use DJI GO.

Yes. I have my C2 set to Waypoint at Aircraft. You can alternatively set it to Waypoint at Controller if you'd like to walk it first and rough it out.

As far as Waypoints and automation, Litchi is light years beyond DJI GO. For just every day noodling around, though, I often use DJI GO.

Thanks!

The Litchi waypoint feature has a 1.2 mile distance limit from the homepoint. 2.3km is 1.4 miles from the homepoint.

The Litchi waypoint feature has a 1.2 mile distance limit from the homepoint. 2.3km is 1.4 miles from the homepoint.

Litchi will fly as far as you want as long as you add the proper waypoint-distances. Even after signal loss. As long as the consecutive waypoints are not over 2000m. The problem is I was setting it to Land at the last Waypoint which wouldn't execute due to a bug int he DJI firmware according to Litchi.

I can set waypoints far beyond a total of 2km as long as I set waypoints to come home (that's the DJI bug part). Land as a finishing move will currently only work only if under a total of 2000m (But in theory, it should Land anywhere I tell it to).

Litchi will fly as far as you want as long as you add the proper waypoint-distances. Even after signal loss. As long as the consecutive waypoints are not over 2000m. The problem is I was setting it to Land at the last Waypoint which wouldn't execute due to a bug int he DJI firmware according to Litchi.

I can set waypoints far beyond a total of 2km as long as I set waypoints to come home (that's the DJI bug part). Land as a finishing move will currently only work only if under a total of 2000m (But in theory, it should Land anywhere I tell it to).
I put it to the test. First, making sure that all distance limits on the GO app was disabled, and making sure that I forced closed GO before running Litchi this is what I did:

I set a one way waypoint trip with 500 feet between each waypoint for 5 miles from homepoint. Straight line, no curves. I tried all finish actions: None, Land, Go Home, Back To First Waypoint, and Reverse. Failed to upload mission. The mission is too long.

I deleted waypoints and tried for 4 miles, 3 miles, and 2 miles. All failed with message of mission too long. At 1 mile, straight line from homepoint, it took off. So I tried again at 1.5 miles. Failed to run mission, too long. 1.2 miles, took off.

From what I understand, there is a limit of 1.2 mile radius around the homepoint. Within that 1.2 mile radius, I have flown a total distance of 6 miles but only within that radius. I have read other forums of people talking about the same thing.

If you are flying outside that radius, then there must be a setting we're all missing because I have tried everything.

Don't do any finishing actions. Make *manual* waypoints back home once you get to your endpoint. That's what works for me. None of the Litchi endpoint commands work at that distance.

Don't do any finishing actions. Make *manual* waypoints back home once you get to your endpoint. That's what works for me. None of the Litchi endpoint commands work at that distance.

So basically, if I want to make a one way trip 5 miles out, I will have to make waypoints back home but hope I drive to my destination in time to take control?

Unfortunately, yes. That's the only way it will load the mission. I've actually pondered doing just what you said.

Unfortunately, yes. That's the only way it will load the mission. I've actually pondered doing just what you said.

My original plan was to fly from one town to another. Baseball field to baseball field. The only thing that keeps going through my mind is....people. Any kind of people. The slow driver and no way to pass, cop doing random pullover, maybe there is a crash that blocks the road, or empty baseball field when I checked 10 mins ago but now a full field. All kinds of things that people can do to get in the **** way. I may have to try this in the middle of nowhere someday on a long stretch highway or something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl