Any ladies flying the P3?

When I'm at home my wife frequently comes out with me to see what 'up'. And when I go somewhere else to fly she always goes. She seems pretty interested, but is afraid to take the controls. I did make her take a lap around the block with the controller to test Follow Me. Looked like she was being chased at the end. She was trying to out run it.

I really have to say I have the perfect wife. She supports everything I do, keeps the house perfect, meals are great, and ready when they should be. Couldn't ask for more!

I sold a P2 recently on CL & was surprised to meet up with a younger college age girl. She was very excited when I gave her a demonstration & seemed very happy to get the P2

I sold a P2 recently on CL & was surprised to meet up with a younger college age girl. She was very excited when I gave her a demonstration & seemed very happy to get the P2
I know other women that have bought the Phantom. I bought the Phantom because I love to take videos and pictures. This field is going to explode. We have only hit the tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: III% Streve
It seems this (along with my other hobby of astrophotography) is almost entirely a male hobby. My wife and daughters have absolutely no interest in going out flying with me, but they do like my final edited videos.

You ever shoot Astrophotography with the P3?

My wife is pretty gung-ho about the flying and filming. She essentially likes to watch me do the flying and then really likes the videos. I got a set of Sony HMZ-T3Ws couple weeks ago and she was like "What you need those for?" Plugged them in the controller.stuck them on her head, She was like "Well ok" then I started the bird up and full throttle up to about 100 feet and she was like "HOLY CRAP! THAT IS FREKIN' COOL!" Now I can't hardly fly without her wired in, she thinks it is great!

I am going to fly today in Port Lavaca, TX!

Texas is hot. I mean really hot. Was in Kingsville Texas when I was in the Navy and used to live in southern Oklahoma, graduated university in Lawton, it was hot there. Now I am in Colorado it is cool, really cool, I love this place.

My wife of 18 years is a colorist and moonlights as camera operator with a 1st AC friend of hers. For about the last year or so she has been hiring a local UAV owner/operator to cover her aerial video needs.

A little over a month ago, I come home and I notice a new pelican case in with the others that she uses for her gear. I text her and ask her what it is and she says it's a drone. Bear in mind, I do not know drones/RC tech from shineola...

I ask why and she says she is tired of telling someone else what she wants and she needed a shot that the UAV guy just could not pull off...So she bought a drone and did the shot herself.

I ask if I can take it outside and fly it. She says NO! DO NOT TOUCH IT! She says it is very expensive and I will just fly it into a tree. So I say OK, whatever...

Four days later I come home from work and there is a new Dromida Kodo box on my desk. So I grab it and ask her if this is my consolation prize. She says no. She says "When you can fly that, you can fly my drone".

So I say OK, how hard can this be? So I break out the little manual and consume it. Charge the battery and attempt to fly it. It slams into me after I give it a little throttle so I trim it out and try again. Now I can sort of get it off the ground and keep it in a general area stable for a few seconds before I slam it into a wall or bookshelf or the floor.

The wife is watching and suggests I go outside with it. Once outside I am struggling with the same issues and I tell her I think that it's defective. She says "Gimme the controller". I hand it to her and she proceeds to fly the thing like she is Baron Von Richthofen.

I am floored. Holy crap! Where the hell did you learn to do this????

She points out to me that her father's hobby was (and still is) RC and that her father taught her to fly when she was a teen and she flew them most weekends until she left home.

I've been with this woman for 20 years - 18 of em married. The things you learn...

^^^ Coolest. Story. Ever. ^^^^

Reactions: B- Scene Films
Thought some of you would enjoy watching this gal on the sticks,

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Boebe and Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member