Any issuses?

Record this and show us. You can use a app called shou! Quite a few people here using an iPad nobody has problems. Record it and upload it maybe we can help you. I think I did read one person complaining with a similar issue,he also had a few posts ;)

Im trying the iPhone 6 tomorrow and I'll try other cables. Here is a picture of my phantom to prove I'm not a troll but a customer looking for help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 353
I believe you said:
Every thing I have read so far has come from people under 30 posts (trolls)!

I don't believe there is any other way to interpret this - under 30 posts = trolls

I have had a P2 for Two years but never joined a forum. I have a P3P now and joined the forum.
Not sure what you would think of me, don't really care.

I am here to share my experiences good or bad, to get help and advice and share help and advice.

No big problems with the P3. The only thing I did not like is the flimsy mount for Nvidea Shield tablet.
I did order the Inspire mount (part no. 45) because it looks like it is made of aluminum not plastic.
I will let you know when it arrives.

I have to agree with most comments on here that the P3 is a great bird with very few problems.

My biggest complaint is the lack of batteries and Home Lock. I hope this is remedied soon.
image.jpg

POI might be nice, but I miss Home Lock.

Im trying the iPhone 6 tomorrow and I'll try other cables. Here is a picture of my phantom to prove I'm not a troll but a customer looking for help.

If the app keeps disconnecting try another tablet and wire,let us know how you get along.

I like Home Lock as well, but in its absence I've grown to like RTH. Almost the same thing.

I would not consider these major issues but here are 2 very common ones being reported.

Long Warm Up Times (IMU or Aircraft Warming Up):
2+ minutes to warm up before ready to fly versus
10-20 seconds. Recommended fix by DJi is to
cool the P3 down outside with battery out of it for 30min.
Best to have lower outside temps. Have the controller
on and connected to your device with the Pilot App up
and running. Then insert the battery into the P3
and turn on and as quickly as you can use the Pilot App
To do an IMU calibration. Ensure the P3 is steady and on
level ground.

Camera/Gimbal is offset so your view is not perfectly horizontal:
This can be manually adjusted per flight but the recommended fix is to calibrate the camera/gimbal on perfectly level ground. This can be
done right after the IMU calibration above.

These two issues are two that are widely being reported on this forum and others. DJi support staff on this forum and others have stated to try the fixes noted above and that DJi is aware of the issues and is continuing to look into them.

#9Phantom751874, Sunday at 4:04 PM

Basically this is it and the app disconnects, just registered here today but long time poster on other forum, hello all :)

nothing major, id be expecting a firmware update in the next few weeks to resolve the gimbal issues

I have to agree with most comments on here that the P3 is a great bird with very few problems.

My biggest complaint is the lack of batteries and Home Lock. I hope this is remedied soon. View attachment 19545
POI might be nice, but I miss Home Lock.
I totally agree on the Home Lock! Hope it is soon....

Reactions: Fplvert
My only problem, if if actually is one.
Still waiting on my Phantom 3 Pro' to arrive at Great Hobbies...
I realize it's not a major issue, but it is actually really getting to me...

Eventually, I will be flying it. Then I will let you all know if any other difficulties arise. Meanwhile, This forum has been a lifesaver.
Gives me plenty to read and learn from, before my quad even gets delivered to me... So thanks everybody for saving my last bit of sanity...

RedHotPoker

I had read it was recommended to limit the first 10 flights to 10 minutes each to condition the battery. Between the rain and incessant wind, I haven't gotten those flight in yet to develope my own concerns. So even just having just one battery hasn't been much of a concern.

However, rumors say - the "disconnected" issue is big, the out of level horizon is a pain, too warm, hot, motors and batteries after flights is causing people to get infrared thermometers to check temperatures, best time for IMU calibration is after leaving craft and battery out in the cold and calibrating immediately after turning craft on on a perfectly level surface, calibrate gimbal immediately after that, this method of cold calibration also helps speed up the seemly long preflight warm up times of several long minutes, there was a comment of the craft forgetting settings after being turned off and back on, no dynamic home point, no HDMI output from the controller (not yet, but soon will get it). Didn't check post counts, so most of these are probably just rumors or trolling.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1