Any Interest in buying?

Reaction score
The more and more I read about the 4, the more and more I'm wanting one.
So... I have a P3p that I'm trying gauge interest in. P3p complete, no crashes, 2 batteries, a super slick backpack, and an adjustable ND filter. Wondering if I can get $1100.00 for the whole kit...

The more and more I read about the 4, the more and more I'm wanting one.
So... I have a P3p that I'm trying gauge interest in. P3p complete, no crashes, 2 batteries, a super slick backpack, and an adjustable ND filter. Wondering if I can get $1100.00 for the whole kit...
no way no how for $1100 IMO. you can get a new one, new battery and a case for $850-900. I would think your pricepoint has to be $150 or so less than that. The filters, although some pay $100 for a set, can be had at $15 and the backpack is really a throw-in as very good hard cases can be had at $50. Not trying to be a d*ck, but just being honest.

Reactions: hionbusa
I hear ya biggles. I guess I'm thinking... the extra battery adds a hundred. The case retails at 250, second hand should fetch 125. That's 375 atop the 799 fetching price. Shittiest part is the whole kit is less than 4 months old and I put over 1600 in to get what I have now. I also bought the first ipad... two months before they announced the 2. F**kin tech turds.

yeah that sucks but I think you might only get 750 to 800 for it maybe

If you can afford it keep it. I like having a backup and the P3 does have better range if that is important to you. I too have quite a bit invested in the P3. If you need to sell to offset the price of the P4 than be prepared to lose a considerable amount of money. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since you have so much invested in the P3P just enjoy it as long as you can. In the mean time, save up some money and then get a P4 later. You will have two good birds then and have twice as much fun. Relax and enjoy it for now. Good luck.

Reactions: AL T
I agree with exit 4 about waiting. Plus let someone else pay to get the bugs out on the P4. You'll get a better machine without the frustrations.

If you bought P3P recently, you should not rush for P4. Enjoy your P3 first before thinking of buying P4. Who knows you will be more happier with P5!

Reactions: mikecorn1 and AL T
I'm in the same boat, I got mine for 1,100 with the backpack. I love it, don't get me wrong. Though had I known that only 3 weeks later they would be announcing the 4 and all I would have had to pay was 300 more, I would have been all over that like a duck on a junebug! I wish there was some sort of upgrade program, I have only about 5 flights on mine, it is literally brand new. Again, im very happy with it, that's just how it goes with new technology I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Enjoy your P3P. Unless obstacle avoidance and active track are must-have's, I think the P3P may be a better drone since it current has range and battery advantages over the P4.

If you can afford it keep it. I like having a backup and the P3 does have better range if that is important to you. I too have quite a bit invested in the P3. If you need to sell to offset the price of the P4 than be prepared to lose a considerable amount of money. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
+1

Get vertical studio for poor man's active track and set your RTH height properly before each flight. There you have a p4 for free without the questions of new bugs/issues.

Reactions: AL T
I love my Phantom 3 Pro. It being my very first DJI product, and also an impeccable trouble and blemish free drone. Not ready to hand that off to a friend or lucky stranger just yet. Actually I will likely keep her, and look at a P4 upgrade in the fall, when prices seem to level off.

If your drone has been good to you, why let it go?

Besides, the new one will be lonely without a shelf mate. Hahaha
I have 6 quads, 2 cp helis, and my monster nitro burning hpi Charger.
Just a big kid at heart, running through my final childhood. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: skyruss and AL T
Much needed words of wisdom all. Thanks to the community. I love my p3p. Foolish thoughts often cloud my judgment. Thankfully I've learned to temper them by always seeking others opinions and advice before making any rash decisions. Maybe next year I'll just have two quads. My kids would love that.

Reactions: stulpin300m
Two quads, are always going to be, better than only one.
Besides, this will give those "well behaved" kids something to ponder.
Who will get to fly Dad's "old" drone...? ;-)
If you read the P4 threads on here and over at DJI forums, hmmmn.
It's not exactly the latest & greatest thing going. Definately room for some improvement. Not that much new either. Nothing urgently new.
That, which I can't live without. Perhaps some unthought of, future P4 firmware upgrades, will wow me.

RedHotPoker

I'm in the same boat, I got mine for 1,100 with the backpack. I love it, don't get me wrong. Though had I known that only 3 weeks later they would be announcing the 4 and all I would have had to pay was 300 more, I would have been all over that like a duck on a junebug! I wish there was some sort of upgrade program, I have only about 5 flights on mine, it is literally brand new. Again, im very happy with it, that's just how it goes with new technology I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
As long as you realize the P4 isn't leaps and bounds way out ahead of the Phantom 3 Pro' even in new features. It really isn't. Infact it actually seems more amateurish, & helpfully has been designed with several safety features for new drone pilots that are essentially aeronautic clueless. No collision avoidance in Sport mode you say?
If you can't help flying into a building or tree, then stay with land vehicles and perhaps don't fly.
I also honestly believe, @dji must be tired of retiring broken shells and busted cameras/gimbals. Restoring under warranty or charging customers for them at any price, must be very time consuming. Thousands of broken drones~dreams. Hahaha
I think the current return rate will be cut down drastically, with OA.
But it's not enough to make me want to run out and buy one. Perhaps later on, down the road, next fall or even by winter...

There may be a new must-have fad that becomes the next wave...
I thought Sphero would have caught on much bigger by now... ;-)
Entertain me. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Suntana
I always wait for at least two upgrades on tech from the model I've bought before going for a change, as generally, the move from one to the next are just not worth the outlay. I'm overjoyed with my P3A, and I'll be waiting for the P5 before considering a change.... Although looking at that Inspire might ju..... Nah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.