Any ideas how these photos are produced?

This is a great looking result. You can see from this one image more than the others the seperate images banded together.Difficult to get the exposure to stay the same. No idea of the exact process however.

Kurbagli_dere.jpg

I am no photo pro but looks like photo layering or stitching to me or maybe some kind of mirror image first then reversing and stitching! Forget it what do I know.

if you look at the larger picture in segments it appears they are changing the angle of the camera, stitching the photos then using an adaptive wide angle filter.

This is a great looking result. You can see from this one image more than the others the seperate images banded together.Difficult to get the exposure to stay the same. No idea of the exact process however.

Kurbagli_dere.jpg
That looks really cool. It looks like the inside of a space colony.

Good effort there!.. Im trying to do it myself but im getting the angles wrong. There must be a systematic way of capturing the still so that they all stitch well for the effect to take place.

The center seems to be the most tricky for me. And im using ps app for iphone as well which i think can produce these

at first I was thinking about it as a finished shot, then I thought about what I wanted my starting shot, then my finishing shot, then I came back and captured the middle transition. also I used quite a few different shots than I anticipated when thinking it out.

love the effect , its really inspired me to get out there and play :)

I'm guessing take loads of photos that align very well (GPS will help with this!) and then get blending using Photoshop, or similar.

UK

This is making me crazy.. Its making me think so much. I just watched inception for this haha. Chris nolan is amazing. But anyway, maybe ps for iphone is too amateur?.. Wt prgm do u use n wt platform? Thanks. Im rilly into this now and i wanna crack the code of angles. I wanna make it beautiful like the original. But if u look at the inception poster, it seems only two angles is sufficient for this effect? Agree?

Reactions: rene van der meer
I've been a obsessed by this effect. I love it!

playing around with it i think you can get it with maybe just two to three photos, in the photos i was playing with i used 10 photos , with different techniques on each section to mask out unwanted parts of the photo. like masking out the sky in the starting FPV prospective.

I've been using photoshop on Windows 10 and Mac .

I noticed, the original artist uses a prospective warp tool for each photo, then it looks like he uses the adaptive wide angle .

later today I'm going to go out flying to try this again. this time ill try the prospective warp to bend the transition photos.

Pls do it bro. And teach me afterwards! I wanna make it popular here in hk.. Flying to philippines on weds so i wanna do some shots there! I hv photoshop as well for mac but i think old version. I feel like there r apps out there now that will do this for u automatically. Hey pat show us some samples soon ok? Gd luck.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this was already shared, but I find it very attractive as it's totally different perspective:

Istanbul Inception: Warped Turkish Cityscapes by Aydin Büyüktas

Do you have any ideas how this is done? I assume several photos were taken in a row from above and from the ground and then merged somehow...

LarasLTU
LarasLTU,
You beat me to it. I found an article on a Dutch forum. I also wondered how it did it.
I think the clues are in the artifacts of iMacks picture and the distortion of the following picture:
aydin9 soccer field.jpg

It looks like Aydin used several frames with gradually changing pitches.
Then he sliced the images into smal rectangles which he warped in horizontal direction. These slices were stitched vertically.

The results are impressive. I would love to try it myself.
Aaron how are you doing? Any luck so far?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers